• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My 1:35th Adventure! PAUSED _ Hornethropter done :/

Started by lab-dad, June 06, 2012, 02:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Let me clarify, Nicky-poo: I consider 1:35 and 1:32 close enough in size to functionally be the same scale. Choosing one over the other has more to do with what you model and the parts you can obtain than the size itself. So I advocate neither scale; but I applaud outstanding craftsmanship in that general proportion (which, in many ways, I consider an ideal size).

By the way, I know you were joking. But maybe some people don't know about our bizarre relationship.

Russ

lab-dad

Oh crap here we go again with he 1:32 vs. 1:35 nonsense.......... ;)

Dont worry either of you, this is just a little fun to challenge myself.
Try new subjects, materials, painting and weathering.
I'm looking forward to getting back to the proper scale (1:48), and the really big one too!

-Marty

TRAINS1941

God Marty you don't have to get mad at Russ & Nick and bring out the guns!!!!!!!! :)  There only kidding there pals you know, I think.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Malachi Constant

Oh crap!  We've seen the legs of the beast ... and now it's clear the body has a nasty stinger ... somebody step on the damn thing before it attacks!  ;D
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on July 12, 2012, 12:52:38 AM
Let me clarify, Nicky-poo: I consider 1:35 and 1:32 close enough in size to functionally be the same scale. Choosing one over the other has more to do with what you model and the parts you can obtain than the size itself. So I advocate neither scale; but I applaud outstanding craftsmanship in that general proportion (which, in many ways, I consider an ideal size).

By the way, I know you were joking. But maybe some people don't know about our bizarre relationship.

Russ

Cor , Russy-Wussy , who rattled your cage ? Oh , I forgot , I did ! And quite unintentionally as well . Which makes it even better .

I wasn't actually trying to stir anything up , it is just that Marty has been pussyfooting around these scales for ages with his tichy O Scale stuff and his humungous 1/16th behemoths that he has finally realised that the best scale is somewhere in the middle . Isn't that right , Marty ! ( Just say yes , Marty , as we don't want to raise the Old Boy's blood pressure again . You know what happened last time .)

And the only people who don't know about our bizarre ( that's one way of putting it) relationship must have just landed from Planet Zog , and they have got more important things to worry about .

lab-dad

Yes Lord Nicky, resistance is futile.
Yes Lord Nicky....You are wise and powerful.....but Russerella is the all knowing master of our domain (name).

finescalerr

Well, now that everything is resolved and we're all intimate and cuddly again, it's time to applaud Marty's bizarre model. -- Russ

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lab-dad

Part of doing this was to try new things (to me).
I like to challenge myself.
I have never used Tamya paint before.
Somewhere I thought I read where even though it says "acrylic paint"
it is actually a laquer. Anyways thats what I used to thin it.
No special ratio, just topped off the bottle with some laquer thinner.
Shot it through my airbrush @ 25 psi.
Man is this stuff FLAT!!!! I love it. Covers great without hiding any details!
Smells good too! 😜
Here is the base of XF-49

Mj

lab-dad

So in keeping with the "learning/trying new things'
I decided on a WWII inspired "warhawk" paint job.

Never done this before;
Use poster tac as a mask.
On the body I had some blue stuff, on the legs all I could find was Elmer's brand.
Seemed to work the same.
Once used it is disposed of anyway.

-Marty

Chuck Doan

I've also heard of Silly Putty for masking. Haven't tried any of it though.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

It turned out well. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin