• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Warboat LCM(6) Monitor Mk5 ...kit available/scratchbuild experience?

Started by mad gerald, June 07, 2012, 04:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

G'day all,

came across theseaccidentally ... does anybody know, if there's a kit, preferably in a larger scale, available ... or did anybody already build one of these?

It's definitely not my usual "modelling terrain", but seems I kinda got hooked on 'em and am just for a start evaluating the building possibilities ...

Cheers

EDIT: I did some quick research and found out, that there was a kit some years ago offered by NIMIX, look at Monitor Mk5 ... eventually still available, but quite pricey (approx. $ 400) ... and I discovered, that someone wrote a building report ... in Germany  ;D: http://www.panzer-bau.de/schiffsmodelle-1-35/mk-5-monitor/ ...

With it's prototype dimensions of 60ft. length and 17,6ft. width it would make approx. 51cm length and 15cm width in 1/35 scale ... pretty much ... but I'd like to put in on my "wishlist" ...

marc_reusser

Those are very cool. Can't recall ever having seen one of these. Thanks for the link to the site and the kit.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

BKLN

One of the older Verlinden had a fairly detailed feature on a diorama of a scratchbuilt monitor boat. I think it was "The Verlinden Way Vol VI."

mad gerald

Christian,

Quote from: BKLN on June 08, 2012, 09:49:58 AM
One of the older Verlinden had a fairly detailed feature on a diorama of a scratchbuilt monitor boat. I think it was "The Verlinden Way Vol VI."

thanks for the additional hint ... may be one of our forum members could verify if it is Vol. VI, as I have neither a copy of any of these magazins nor access to them ... and my related research did not bring up a result as I did not find an index of content for this issue ...

Cheers