• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photos of Inspiring Models by Others

Started by marc_reusser, June 13, 2012, 10:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

He posts here occasionally. That is a spectacular job on that tractor. If someone would cast a Caterpiller radiator I might be game to do one too.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Quote from: Chuck Doan on July 06, 2012, 02:31:29 PM
Oh, Damn! Me and my big mouth. :-X

I know he posts here . Just trying to stir the pot up . Or something .

So we can all now look forward to seeing your finished CAT 60 in two or three years time ?

Nick

Marc988

I really like the russian tractor and the way he weathered it.

Does any one have an idea how he might have created the hundreds of tiny scratches ?

I doubt the hairspray technique will do the trick ?!

shropshire lad

Quote from: Marc988 on July 11, 2012, 12:49:59 PM
I really like the russian tractor and the way he weathered it.

Does any one have an idea how he might have created the hundreds of tiny scratches ?

I doubt the hairspray technique will do the trick ?!

Why not ask him ? !

Tell you what , I'll ask him ...

Oi , John , how did you do the tiny scratches ? We wants to know .

That should do the trick ,

Nick

JohnTolcher

Quote from: shropshire lad on July 11, 2012, 03:52:31 PM

Why not ask him ? !

Nick

Uhm...with a toothpick. ;)

;D I did this a month or two ago, but as I recall I used a small, coarse artists brush as well.

These peices were tests for a double layer of chipping I tried before using the technique on the tractor. If you like I can put a SBS in the Painting and Weathering category.

Thanks for the interest, guys! Cheers

Cheers
John in Australia

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard, John! Love the tractor, great work!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

shropshire lad

Quote from: JohnTolcher on July 11, 2012, 05:44:05 PM

Why not ask him ? !

Nick

;D I did this a month or two ago, but as I recall I used a small, coarse artists brush as well.

These peices were tests for a double layer of chipping I tried before using the technique on the tractor. If you like I can put a SBS in the Painting and Weathering category.

John ,

Thanks for the swift reply and the extra information , I'm sure there are many people here who would love to see you go into greater detail as to how you achieved the fantanstic results  on your Russian crawler . So any time you want to post a SBS feel free .
    Looking forward to seeing what you are up to next ,

Nick

finescalerr

Rather nice work considering youR main tool was a toothpick. Can you spell I-M-P-R-E-S-S-I-V-E? - Russ

Marc988

Why not ask him ? !

::) good idea !!  ;D (to me defense, I did not know John was active here  ::) )
Thanks for asking Nick ;)

Quote from: JohnTolcher on July 11, 2012, 05:44:05 PM

A SBS, yes please!  
Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Marc

JohnTolcher

Hi, I stared a thread in the 'Cars Trucks and other Vehicles' category for the S-65 Tractor, I hope that's okay.

Cheers
JT
Cheers
John in Australia

shropshire lad

Quote from: JohnTolcher on July 12, 2012, 04:38:56 AM
Hi, I stared a thread in the 'Cars Trucks and other Vehicles' category for the S-65 Tractor, I hope that's okay.

Cheers
JT

Of course it's okay . I look forward to reading about the whole build , even though I have seen it elsewhere .

If Russ had any sense ( which we all know  he doesn't ) , he'd sign you up to do an article for one of his comics ,

Nick

eTraxx

Quote from: shropshire lad on July 12, 2012, 06:31:24 AM
Quote from: JohnTolcher on July 12, 2012, 04:38:56 AM

Cheers
JT

Of course it's okay . I look forward to reading about the whole build , even though I have seen it elsewhere .

If Russ had any sense ( which we all know  he doesn't ) , he'd sign you up to do an article for one of his comics ,

Nick
Nick. If John would put a bikini clad young thing in the seat of the tractor it might catch his attention .. :)
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

finescalerr

Okay. I was going to ask anyway: John, may I publish an article on your tractor? -- Russ