• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New AK Weathering Magazine

Started by marc_reusser, June 15, 2012, 10:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on June 17, 2012, 12:38:48 AM
"My project will likely be the weakest one."

WRONG! It probably will be one of the stronger ones.

Russ

Exactly . Sometimes , Marc , you don't half talk bollox !

From one of your Fanboys !

BKLN

This sounds pretty exciting!

However, I hope that the content will cover enough variety in scales. To make it interesting for a broader audience it will be crucial to include smaller scale, both civilian and military.
It is sad that the "modeltrainsweathered" forum is gone, that was a great source of inspiration and learning for me. To combine information like that with military modeling would be very interesting.

And I am disappointed by the most boring title ever. They couldn't call it "Rust'n Dust" or "Rustbucket" or "Dirt Bird" or "Fade" or something like that? Boooooring!

All bitchin' aside - I look forward to this and will certainly be up to spend some money!  

lab-dad

I got mine today.
Just skimmed it - very well done.
Looks like a great resource.
I look forward to reading it, lots to take in.
Definitely worth it for me.
Marty

Marc988

I just received mine today.
The first impression is very good.

Compliments to the AK team and certainly worth buying.

lab-dad

OK,
A more thorough review by me.

First off I am not any sort of literary genius or scholar.
Just a modeler like you guys.

Obviously if a manufacturer is going to publish a magazine they are going to show a lot of their products.
However the magazines articles also discuss several other manufacturers "potions".
There is quite a bit of varying subject matter, even though the magazine is geared toward "rust".
I think those with an open mind will find lots of inspiration and techniques to try.
Pinheads will always complain......
The magazine has a great feel (read "heft") to it and the images are very well done.
I find the layout and printing to be quite pleasing.
I'm a little confused by the girl, but I am not complaining about a half naked well endowed woman gracing selected pages!
They should have had FichtenFoo do a limited production run of a figure for those who bought the first issue!
On a final note; May be it is the Spanish to English translation but I found a lot of spelling a grammatical errors.
And thats something coming from me! I am a very poor speller, but can usually form one or two complete sentences.

Overall if your looking for new ideas or techniques explained clearly and with great reference pictures (model and prototype) it is a good magazine!

-Marty

Wesleybeks

Thanks Marty. Still waiting for mine, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

finescalerr

So should I grace some pages of the upcoming Modelers' Annual with a half naked, well endowed girl? Indeed, the ensuing "product review" alone should be worth reading! -- ssuR

Chuck Doan

I seem to recall some RC airplane mags that used some pretty girls on their covers holding a plane.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Krusty

QuoteSo should I grace some pages of the upcoming Modelers' Annual with a half naked, well endowed girl?

Do you mean you're having second thoughts?
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

eTraxx

Quote from: finescalerr on July 24, 2012, 12:34:07 PM
So should I grace some pages of the upcoming Modelers' Annual with a half naked, well endowed girl? Indeed, the ensuing "product review" alone should be worth reading! -- ssuR
Just my opinion .. but for me .. that would be preferable to a half-naked, well endowed man.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Mobilgas

I had one hell of a time getting the first issue of the Magizine ??? I finally got one shipped in a couple weeks ago. I got the second issue today at a local hobby shop :D called me friday that it was in.  I like this mag I enjoyed the first issue on rust!!....the second is on dust. Wish they[ came out ]with the Mag years ago.  ;D
Craig

marc_reusser

Good to hear you finally got it and now found a local soure.  :) 

I got the second issue in the mail today....looks good, look forward to reading it.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lab-dad

Okay,
Other than Craig's LHS where can we find these in the states?
I'd check my LHS but they never have anything I need. THEY SUCK! sorry just venting. Still upset AK abandoned the US.

I would subscribe for the year but it is 38 pounds and each issue is 8 pounds, may be my math and conversion is off (4 times 8 is 32)  ??? but is it not usually cheaper to get the whole year?  :P

I even wrote Adam (I think) when rust came out and told him.

-Marty

marc_reusser

You been hitting the bottle again boy?

MIG stopped having a us dcentral distributor, AK still has one, and it is up and running just fine ....here is the URL.   http://www.ak-interactive-usa.com/

I don't konw who of any Adam at AK.....so maybe that's why you got no respons ;D......the person running AK USA, is Iain.  :)

You should be able to order the mag directly through the US site....its shown right on the front page and listed as $54 US, for a year (4 issues).....think thats about the same as Russ's mag?

Marc

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on November 06, 2012, 11:04:04 AM
You been hitting the bottle again boy?

MIG stopped having a us dcentral distributor, AK still has one, and it is up and running just fine ....here is the URL.   http://www.ak-interactive-usa.com/

I don't konw who of any Adam at AK.....so maybe that's why you got no respons ;D......the person running AK USA, is Iain.  :)

You should be able to order the mag directly through the US site....its shown right on the front page and listed as $54 US, for a year (4 issues).....think thats about the same as Russ's mag?

Marc

I think he has been inhaling too many glue fumes . I suspect he was referring to Adam Wilder . Poor Boy is getting his MIGs mixed up with his AKs . That'll go down well in the MIG camp , 

Nick