• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Back to the roots !

Started by Bill76, June 20, 2012, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill76

The oil manufacturers signs are made with styrene sheets and the decals are just weathered. One is missing on the wall but stand out near where it felt.

Bill76

Pallets are made with different sizes of wood at the european normalized size. Chains and sheets of metal will complete the nearest stuff around the workshop. Ready for painting.

Bill76

A good training session for painting wood, styrene, metal and a good way to learn new effects as the HS technique on the oil drum. Not perfect for the first shot but it will work.

Marc988

Very nice work Georges! Very inspirational.

Having spent quite some times around tractors and their machinery when I was young, this brings back memories.
Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to your progress on the shed.

Ray Dunakin

Excellent work! The tractor and trailer look great together!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill76

The shed is ended and becomes a messy place !

The ground is made with sand and gravels glued. Afterwards, I paint the entire diorama in matt black from a spray can. Then, I paint the gdifferent ground colors and the stones close to the shed. It's really funny to make life coming from darkness.

Bill76

Close-up on the front side of the grand-father's shed. As you said Marc, nice back memories ... But the shed is still on the spot !

finescalerr

Nice detail. And the finish reminds me of the style of Marcel Ackle. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill76

Last run to finish.

Bill76

Two more pictures of the John Deere tractor.

Bill76

And the ultimate one. Georges

mabloodhound

Vary nice, Georges.

I hope you had a chance to look at the photo of the day.... a very appropriate picture that will interest you.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

Turned out great!
Whats next?
-Mj