• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Back to the roots !

Started by Bill76, June 20, 2012, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill76

Before fitting the wheels, I apply on the corners Gunmetal pigments  / MIG where the wearing is typical.

Bill76

Here's a rough sketch of the future brackets. Just enough to start the building. It measures around 3,5 feet tall in reality.

Andi Little

It's looking surprising good for self admitted "low-tech" techniques. And it is already beginning to leave its Diecast heritage behind.
Must admit though I'm struggling to get past that violent apple green!! - any chance you could check your camera settings or reduce the colour saturation??

Other than that small matter............... way to go.
KBO..................... Andi.

Bill76

You're right Andi. When I took the pictures with my new camera, I couldn't cope with all the new settings and many pictures are a bit saturated. The forthcoming ones are less oversaturated but the project is now over. But for the new projects I will take some more care about it.

The green John Deere is really bright when it's new but I fade it after with several filters (green olive, green citrus, light grey from Prince August paints).

Despite the quality of the casting, the global shape is rather correct but it's a toy. So, I have to add some more details.

Bill76

The two sides of the main bracket are made with Evergreen sheets and tubes for the cylinders. The red colour is a very common color for loaders because usualy produced by independant suppliers.

Bill76

Some decals of different brands are applied on both side as the security decals in the same time. On the right side, two fittings with couplers are added to allow the loader to be remove.
Same paint technique for these parts and some scraches are ''drawed'' with a small round brush and acrylic paint from Citadel.

The axles are made with 0,8 mm round Evergreen styrene rod, and the holes are about 0,3mm for cotter pins.

Wesleybeks

That has turned out awesome. I look forward to more.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful work, very impressive weathering!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Those red things turned out rather nicely. -- Russ

Bill76

Thanks guys for your comments.

The two barckets are supposed to be bolted on ecach side of the tractor frame so to represent the blots, All the bolts are made with styrene rods. Since, I have bought the Hexagonal Punch and Die and it's easier to make bolts.

This tractor needs some more details as wires, lights, toolbox, hydraulic hoses. And 1/32 scale is quite small nad for many times, I use to reajust my glasses ...

The rear working light is made with strass for clothes, metal sheet for the fitting and an handle is added as well.
The toolbox is made with a piece of metal : just one piece for the box and one piece for the top. Tools are from 1/35 Verlinden kit.

Bill76

A licence plate fitting will be added by the way.

Bill76

The one euro coin has the same size as a quarter dollar coin.

lab-dad

I see they make those GIANT pennies/coins in other country's currency!
Great stuff!
The toolbox is perfect!
-Mj

Wesleybeks

That tool box is great. This is coming together nicely.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Bill76

The hinges are from Verlinden. The box is less than 0,39 inche long by 0,19 inche large. Little stuff but great effect on the tractor when finished !