• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Back to the roots !

Started by Bill76, June 20, 2012, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill76

The rear light takes place on the right fender. The licence plate fitting iw made with metal and the numbers are dry transfert decals from an old brand, Mecanorma. These are very difficult to find in France now but some librairies still have a display with theses sheets. The fonts are quite old as Helvetica, Futura, ... By the way, they will be used for buildings and are quite easy to be scraped as old paint on the walls.

Design-HSB

How to build models is clear to me, I do indeed, but how you made ​​this giant models of the coins.

Class model, only the hinge of the tool is actually very safe subsidy, and durable.
Try getting to work with soldered pipe sections, for example, injection needles I use.

Otherwise, congratulations and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

chester

Wonderful work, very inspiring.

Bill76

Albeit the brackets look very simply, more than 31 pieces of Evergeen have been necessary to realize the left one and 44 pieces for the right one. They're really to be fittied on the tractor frame. The breakforce of this kind of loader was around one ton and the average lift height was about 3 or 3,20 meters. In the beginning, the bucket control was only ''mechanical'' instead of beeing hydraulic because the hydraulic pump capacity was too much limited.
The cylinders are one way action and just need one hydraulic hose.

This is the first way out from the shed. The hood is fitted on the frame and the wheels as well. I choose a different shape for the front tires as it was usually because of the damages of a too frequent loader using.

I use the Lifecolor Rust and Dust set to paint the exhaust manifold and the exhaust pipe. Sponge and brush have worked well. Some pigments from Mig achieve the weathering operations.

Bill76

The hoses take their final place and the hydaulic controls take place on the right side of the seat. The exhaust pipe is fitted for ajustment before fitting definitively. The red petrol cap gives some more contrast.

The grille guard is fitted on the frame and all the light are connected with copper wires and painted. The glass of the left main light is missing : the owner that this one is missing and the new glass is in the box. But time is missing for repair ....

Malachi Constant

Looks like some really nice detailing and good finishes there ... but I've got to ask if you're doing something to "process" the photos or punch-up the colors there.  It seems like the colors are really "vivid" in a way that distracts from the modeling ... like a little too much Fujichrome (for those that remember such things).  No insult intended ... and maybe it's just me, but it looks like some nice modeling that could benefit from some slight changes in the photo handling.  (And, if it's just me, please ignore and disregard!)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

eTraxx

Dallas, here it is de-saturated a bit. Some good work there!

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Bill76

Thanks Ed for make it better. Don't apologize Dallas. I'm wrong and I make a really stupid mistake. I blame my camera but in fact, I didn't catch the right point !
I didn't realized how important is to keep the character of a model or a scene. When I exposed this diorama a few weeks ago, visitors said that this tractor wasn't as bright as it was showed through a topic on a french forum. And that it looks more realistic. It seems to be obvious but the pictures show the opposite. Maybe it's because to sell to many brand new farm implements everyday (that's what I do !!!).

I understand the meaning of creating a whole project through modeling, painting, weathering operations, telling stories, ... Taking pictures and catching all the feelings is as important as doing all these stuffs. Need to learn more ! and to be more observant.

So, here are some new pictures of the John Deere. Ok, Dallas, no more ''vivid'' fittings, just natural. Just like it is.

Feel free for any comments or any advices. Georges

Bill76

The loader brackets are fixed definitively and a arch between these two parts is added to give some more strength and rigidity. All the details as the toolbox, rear light, clutch and brakes pedals, left footstep, ... take their right place.

The beacon light has replaced the ''D'' sign (for Danger) that was fitted since the 60'. The turning light appeared in the 80' to prevent from a longer distance.

Bill76

An elastic strap takes the control the lateral float of the two linkage arms that usually hit the wheels when running. A bale string stands the three point hitch to be ready for attchment operations.

The rear has been weathered with oil paint and Grease from Mig. Some attention has been given to the discolorationthe as green color turning to turquoise, white and yellow citrus. I use Pigments fixer to maintain the pigments on the spots.

lab-dad

Great model! ;D
My only concern is the tyres are too clean!
-Marty

shropshire lad

This is a wonderful piece of modelling and I think that your tractor is right up there with Chuck's .
The baling twine is an excellent touch .
I am inclined to agree that it could do with a bit of mud . But not too much .

Nick

finescalerr

Chuck Doan

Very impressive work! Yes, the natural colors look better. Great details.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Excellent! I love the weathering and all the extra details.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World