• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Corrugated Roofing Tools .. all scales

Started by eTraxx, June 28, 2012, 02:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

Ed, or anyone...
What is the period (peak-to-peak) distance for corrugated made with the Fiskars Crimper?
Would it be scale (or close) for 1:24 use?
Carlo

JohnJ

Quote from: eTraxx on July 09, 2012, 09:33:20 AM
Quote from: BKLN on July 09, 2012, 09:18:12 AM
Ed,
you can also use these disposable turkey pans if you only need a limited supply.. Or cookie pans. They only cost a dollar or so.

Ed:  I have used a craft foil called ArtEmboss in the past with good results.  It is available at stores like Michaels.  Comes in a tube containing a sheet about 8x10.  It is a heavy foil and when formed on Evergreen styrene sheet corregated it makes a very believable corregated roofing.  For what it is worth. 

John Johnson

MY SECOND CHILDHOOD IS SO MUCH MORE FUN THAN MY FIRST!!

eTraxx

Caro, the valley-to-valley (easier to measure) was 0.080-in or 2.032-mm

Looking at Corrugated Metal there are all kinds of variations. In the Corrugated Galvanized iron wiki page it says that - "Pitches have ranged from 25 mm (1 inch) to 125 mm (5 inches)."

In O scale that .080" pitch is 3.84" or 1.944" in 1:24

Edit: If you look back to page 1 I posted a pic of my structure I did in 1:24 .. I used Fiskars Paper Crimper for that corrugation
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

eTraxx

Quote from: JohnJ on July 09, 2012, 11:48:10 AM
Quote from: eTraxx on July 09, 2012, 09:33:20 AM
Quote from: BKLN on July 09, 2012, 09:18:12 AM
Ed,
you can also use these disposable turkey pans if you only need a limited supply.. Or cookie pans. They only cost a dollar or so.

Ed:  I have used a craft foil called ArtEmboss in the past with good results.  It is available at stores like Michaels.  Comes in a tube containing a sheet about 8x10.  It is a heavy foil and when formed on Evergreen styrene sheet corregated it makes a very believable corregated roofing.  For what it is worth. 

John. That looks promising. I don't need much of an excuse to make a run to Michaels. :)  .. thanks
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"