• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Le Rhone Engine Project

Started by W.P. Rayner, July 08, 2012, 02:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.P. Rayner

Something a little different. Been working on this project for a couple of weeks now, a 9-cylinder Le Rhone engine as used in the Bleriot airplane. The original CAD drawings that form the basis of these were completed by Stephane Bouye for the Bleriot XI project from PLMCC. I'm working on a cutaway view of the engine. Cutaway view below is a preliminary screen-shot from Inventor illustrating the complexity of the engine. Image below that is preliminary rendering from Keyshot 3 Proto test colours and textures.

Paul

Gordon Ferguson

Gordon

Mobilgas

Craig

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

All the above and then some. -- Russ

SandiaPaul

Paul,

What the others said, plus more.

Is this for a working model? I love radials and rotary engines

If anyone is ever in the area this is a must see:

http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/index.php

Paul
Paul

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W.P. Rayner

Thanks guys... material work is progressing on the cutaway rendering.

Paul - no this is strictly a portfolio piece. Thanks for the link to Rhinebeck Aerodrome. Never did make it there when I lived in New York which is a shame. There are a couple of good photos on the site of a real Le Rhone which I'm finding helpful in material development, though I am taking a few liberties for visualization purposes.

Paul

james_coldicott

Paul,

really nice work. Attached my own pic of the engine taken during my trip to Rhinebeck Aerodrome a few years ago- thought it might be useful to have the image here.

Kind regards

James

W.P. Rayner

There she is, thanks James, appreciate the photo. I have the one from the Rhinebeck site, but your's is much better.

Paul

Barney

On the subject of aircraft engines take a look at this site for detail http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/ its a bit mind blowing well I mean spark plugs in 1/32nd !!
Barney

Carlo

WOW! That site (aircraftmodels.com) is amazing.
I followed a thread about engine detailing, and learned so much.
1/32 spark plugs, indeed. Thank you, Barney, for the link.
Carlo

narrowgauger

Hi Guys

another excellent example of the cascading effect in our hobby. reviewing this web site leads to another range of materials & supplies that suit our needs etc etc.

many thanks for posting this link.

Have fun & stay cool
Bernard

Ray Dunakin

Whoa! Those 1/32 engines are crazy-good. The only thing missing is the logo on the side of the sparkplugs.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World