• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Eat Ye Heart Out , Barney !

Started by shropshire lad, August 19, 2012, 06:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Quote from: finescalerr on August 20, 2012, 12:38:26 AM
I find the levity in this thread most objectionable. You fellows are belittling Nick's best work. Yes, it is his best work by far. It epitomizes (or, using spelling Nick would understand, "epitomises") his skill, artistry, indeed, his entire concept. I thought the purpose of this forum was to encourage our younger, less experienced members. Each and every one of you should be ashamed. Ashamed, do you understand?  Russ

While it's true that this is undoubtedly Nick's finest work, I predict that he's going to completely bugger it up by covering it with individual stones ...

Witness some examples from Diorama Debris, who make the lovely brick molds that he recommended and molds for making stone walls like these ...
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Barney

I am saying nothing - I shall just sit on the wall
Barney
on holiday at LEGOLAND

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on August 20, 2012, 12:38:26 AM
I find the levity in this thread most objectionable. You fellows are belittling Nick's best work. Yes, it is his best work by far. It epitomizes (or, using spelling Nick would understand, "epitomises") his skill, artistry, indeed, his entire concept. I thought the purpose of this forum was to encourage our younger, less experienced members. Each and every one of you should be ashamed. Ashamed, do you understand?

Nick, go stand in the corner.

Russ

So you'll be wanting an article for your comic in due course then ?

Nick ( in his corner playing with his LEGO )

lab-dad

Mr. Ogden I have Mr. Brown on the phone.

shropshire lad

Quote from: lab-dad on August 20, 2012, 03:34:52 PM
Mr. Ogden I have Mr. Brown on the phone.

Tell him I'm busy . I've got to a particularly tricky bit with my LEGO shed and I can't stop . Ask him what he wants .

W.P. Rayner

Amazing work... particularly impressed with your ability to replicate the look of Lego bricks. Put some chains and antlers on it and you'll have a winner. Anxious to see this in its final weathered state...

Paul

artizen

It's so nice to see such fresh clean Lego being used. In our house, all the Lego has teeth marks from various small children. Not all the marks are from our children either - we bought second-hand boxes to replace the little bits that always go missing. I currently use a Lego brick wall as a right angle for making models. Very good these Danish - everything is square!

Anyone have a use for Bionicle robots?
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

finescalerr

This is a very sick thread. Yes, very sick indeed. -- ssuR

danpickard

I'm torn...

Torn between trying to decide if dear Nick is leading into a clever use of Lego bricks, as a well aligned and square former to perform some intricate handlaid brickwork, subtly aged and presented in another well excecuted diorama...

or

Doing what he is also well practiced in, of simply "taking the piss"     ;)

Mind you, if this happens to comes down to Oz next year as is, my kids are gonna kick your arse in the competition room!  ;D

Dan

Junior

Amazing work! At first I thought you had cast the Lego blocks in one of you moulds.... ;D!

Anders

shropshire lad

Quote from: danpickard on August 21, 2012, 04:27:02 AM
I'm torn...

Torn between trying to decide if dear Nick is leading into a clever use of Lego bricks, as a well aligned and square former to perform some intricate handlaid brickwork, subtly aged and presented in another well excecuted diorama...

or

Doing what he is also well practiced in, of simply "taking the piss"     ;)

Mind you, if this happens to comes down to Oz next year as is, my kids are gonna kick your arse in the competition room!  ;D

Dan

Flights booked , Danny Boy . I'm the advanced party of the task force that is coming to take the colony back . Me and my LEGO army are coming to get ya !

As for taking the piss , wait 'til you see pictures of the weathering on my Caterpillar .

I think I'll string this out for a bit longer ,

Nick

artizen

I'll be at the Melbourne show too. I'll show you my Lego if you show me yours?

I'm thinking of doing a small NG diorama - something that includes a hanging island or three perhaps?
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
Brisbane, Australia

shropshire lad

Quote from: artizen on August 21, 2012, 11:31:38 PM

I'm thinking of doing a small NG diorama - something that includes a hanging island or three perhaps?

That theme has been done to death , maybe you could do something no-one else has tried . How about a small layout of a narrow gauge timber railway winding its way through a densely vegetated forest with a few workers cabins dotted around . You could then make it a show case for all the scenery products you sell . Just a thought .

Nick

danpickard

Ian, you take his head, and I'll aim for the groin, ok.

Dan

artizen

I hadn't thought about that! A lumber company - the Larrikin Lego Lumber Company. In 0n30. With rust and dust. With tall trees and taller stories. All sung to the tune of "I'm A Lumberjack and I'm OK".

No wait - it's been done. I'm sure I've seen one on Mario's site?

Better to do something along the lines of Wallace & Gromit and the cracking Lego Brick and Pasta Sauce mine.

No wait - it's been done. I'm sure I've seen one on Marcel's site?

Or maybe I should do something along the lines of a narrow gauge Welsh slate railway with this playing softly in the background - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwBTnzQCrIM&feature=endscreen&NR=1
Ian Hodgkiss
Brisbane, Australia