• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Eat Ye Heart Out , Barney !

Started by shropshire lad, August 19, 2012, 06:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

[sarcasm]... methinks now we've had all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and satire ... [/sarcasm]  ::) ;)

shropshire lad

Quote from: mad gerald on August 22, 2012, 04:19:56 AM
[sarcasm]... methinks now we've had all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and satire ... [/sarcasm]  ::) ;)

Oh no , Gerald , we've hardly started . There's plenty more where that came from . Stand back , or you might get hurt in the crossfire .

Mike Engler

The modeling level of excellence for this thread is quite good. But the humor level of the replies- is it the equivalent of "locker room bantering"?
THE Runner
Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike@intagra.com

marc_reusser

As. we havent had apathy, Ill add "Ho-Hum...whatever" ;D

Maybe someone shoulld do a workup of this build in SketchUp, and see if it can be rapid prototyped.

It has a Picasso-esque feel to it....but I am thinking, if you were to melt it over the corner of a table, or while dangling from a tree branch, it would be much more Dali.-esque
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

What about going more Manet, and rebuilding the whole thing out of those little tiny/flat two-bump pieces (actually don't know if they even make those any more)

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: RUNNER on August 22, 2012, 02:10:11 PM
The modeling level of excellence for this thread is quite good. But the humor level of the replies- is it the equivalent of "locker room bantering"?

Greetings , Mike , how are you doing ? Started scratch building in O scale yet ?

If it is intellectual conversation you want , you've come to the wrong place .

And "the modelling ( note correct spelling ) level of Excellence for this thread is ONLY quite good " . Talk about damning with faint praise , I sweated blood trying to get that building to the stage that it is at . If you knew the problems I had trying to build it with the wrong sized bricks you wouldn't be so mean with your praise . Even Reinberg would give it a " most satisfactory " if he were still able to speak .

Nick

TRAINS1941

Wow all this banter over two pictures!!  Image if you would have done something or finished what you started???? :)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

If he actually finished something, there would be no banter, because we'd all be smacked silly, or so stunned, that we would be unable to respond.

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on August 22, 2012, 11:43:54 PM
If he actually finished something, there would be no banter, because we'd all be smacked silly, or so stunned, that we would be unable to respond.

That works two ways , B Plus Boy .

shropshire lad

Bit of progress on my Lego barn .

From 900 individual bricks in 7 sessions for my first attempt to over 5000 in the same time for my second using the new patented method , 

Nick

TRAINS1941

Beautiful brick work.  And I love the coloring very cheerful!!!!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Lawton Maner

And to think, it isn't the first of April.

Ray Dunakin

Looks great! Nothing beats individual bricks, that's for sure.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Mobilgas

Craig

danpickard

Thats a typo Craig...was meant to be "patiented method"  ;)

Good looking start Nick.  Nice colour variations.  Good use of the "form work". 

Cheers,
Dan