• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Transformers

Started by kathymillatt, September 07, 2012, 12:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kathymillatt

Hi

I joined this forum ages ago at Nick Ogden's pushing and thought I should get around to actually posting something!  I know quite a few people from other forums.

One diorama I did recently was based on two model kits of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.  I love Transformers!

I've just bought one of Ken's shopping trollies to go on it...

This was great fun and a little out of my ordinary railroad modelling.

Kathy

mabloodhound

Nice Kathy, who would have guessed.   Now you need to try some military diorama.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Chuck Doan

Smashing! (Sorry) Came out nice and looks like you had a lot of fun! Neat photo effects too.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

kathymillatt

Thanks Guys

It's nice to do something different and I had never done 1:35 before.  The bug has bitten.

As for military, it does appeal as it has such interesting "damage".  I have a Stryker but I'm waiting for the next transformers model kit to build the diorama.  Here's hoping it's Megatron. :)

Kathy

finescalerr

Oh, Lord. Girls and their dolls!

It's about time you posted something. Turned out rather adequately, too.

Russ

kathymillatt

Thanks Russ

I never had dolls really - guns and action man was more my thing.

I'm impressed to be rather adequate on my first outing too :)

Kathy

shropshire lad

Quote from: kathymillatt on September 08, 2012, 02:09:52 PM
Thanks Russ

I never had dolls really - guns and action man was more my thing.

I'm impressed to be rather adequate on my first outing too :)

Kathy

It's only because you are a girl that Mr. FinescaleRR himself is being nice to you . Plus he is afraid that you might go over and steal his own dollies .

Anyway you should forget your Transformators and get yourself a real scary dolly http://industriamechanika.com/blog/shop-industria-mechanika/adrian-smiths-frankenstein/

That should convince your Mum that you've really lost it .

Welcome aboard ,

Nick

kathymillatt

Hi Nick

I prefer shiny robots to creepy old men...

Kathy

shropshire lad

Quote from: kathymillatt on September 09, 2012, 11:41:10 AM
Hi Nick

I prefer shiny robots to creepy old men...

Kathy

That's no way to talk about Our Esteemed Leader

kathymillatt

I was thinking of Frankenstein so there must be something Freudian in your answer!

K

k27rgs

Kathy

I admit in recent times I visited a few toy shops looking for large "transformers", hoping to make up a diorama for the grandson ( and me  ;)   ).

It's still on my bucklist, but ended working a "Kong" dio in the meantime........ ;D

cheers    Mario   ( Australia )

kathymillatt

Mario

I keep looking in the toy shops too because I am missing Megatron. He's £60 at the size I need which seems a bit much!

Kong is good but I hope that you aren't having to build the Empire State Building too. I'd love to see some photos of your dio.

Kathy