• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The backyard

Started by Per Olav Lund, September 15, 2012, 11:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesleybeks

Stunning work as always. Could you possibly show some pics of the interior of middle building.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Barney

I love dank and miserable !! Lovely workmanship keep it happening Its got "true atmosphere"
Barney the miserable

Chuck Doan

Wow, this has grown a lot! Looking good.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Hauk

I just love it.

Is it a work of imagination or is there a prototype for it?

I am also curious about where to buy Sibatrol.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Per Olav Lund

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Marc you are right, the correct name is Cibatool.
Andi, I'm curious too about the story I am going to tell, not decided yet... ;) I think the pictures are a little darker than the piece is in real.
HÃ¥vard, I got a bag of Cibatool cut offs when I was visiting an art school in Oslo but I think its possible to get it from different special shops..
The main isnspiration came from this picture..

Per Olav Lund

Hello

Some progress on the project. More details added and the first figure(missing one dog though) in place.
Most of the building details is done and a couple of figures are still on the bench, an old Opel will be placed in the garage too,

Per Olav

1-32

great figure the whole scene is really good lovely shading of colours
kind regards kim

finescalerr

Only the figures give away the photos as a model (as is inevitable in any scale). Most satisfactory. -- Russ

Andi Little

Absolutely fantastic - Great modelling, great paintwork - Excellent narrative.

A truly envious piece of craftsmanship - bloody well done sir.
KBO..................... Andi.

artizen

If you had signed the bottom right corner of the photo it could have passed as a painting. Wonderful eye for detail.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Barney

A superb model with a difference and lovely bit of inspiration.
Barney

Chuck Doan

Beautiful! That figure is wonderfully posed and painted (and the little dogs, too). I like the different types of paving as well.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

chester

Everyone has already given my sentiments. Wonderful modeling.

danpickard

Brilliant.  A fantastic number of different textures and colours.  Those figures tell a cool little story as well.  Will be busy studying the scene for a while longer yet.

Cheers,
Dan

Ray Dunakin

Great stuff. I love all the different surfaces and textures.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World