• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

In-ko-pah Railroad - Scratchbuilt railcar

Started by Ray Dunakin, October 13, 2012, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Junior

Fantastic work on your "father".... :o!

Anders

Malachi Constant

Your sculpting work is amazing and you've done an outstanding job of capturing the likeness of these family members -- bravo!

On a critical level, the skin tones are all monotone ... same shade everywhere.  It would add a great deal of realism if there were more variations in skin tones ... slightly darker tones in the shadow areas ... under cheekbones, under side of exposed arms, etc. ... blending into a middle tone ... and then some subtle highlights.  And, of course, eyebrows and such.  ;)

Fantastic work!
Dalals
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

ron knepp

Hi Ray,

I would like to model something like your outstanding railcar, do you have any links
that might show the proportions you used. Perhaps you have a couple notes
or maybe the wheelbase you used that you would share.

Thanks
Ron Knepp

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: ron knepp on December 13, 2012, 06:48:23 AM
I would like to model something like your outstanding railcar, do you have any links
that might show the proportions you used. Perhaps you have a couple notes
or maybe the wheelbase you used that you would share.

I was basically just winging it, making it up as I went along. The frame from the Hubley kit provided a starting point for the dimensions, but I also was referring to several photos I'd found online of early Model T buses and railbuses. (Unfortunately I lost those images when my hard drive crashed.)

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

ron knepp

Thanks for the response Ray. Your proportions worked out so nice that I
hoped that you had notes or a link. I have a couple of frames started using
nice power units I bought from Clem at Warrior Run Locomotive Works.
They will have Sierra spoked wheels and should look great.

Ron Knepp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

marc_reusser

A really lovely build all around. I like all the different skills and techniques that you used to create this gem. Thanks for sharing them all. I also like the chipped/worn wood you achieved in areas such as the step.

Looks like a great adddition to the line.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Here are a couple recent shots of the railbus on the layout. I still haven't gotten around to sculpting the rest of the figures:

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ornst

Ray, it's a great job. looked with great pleasure that the process of creating the model, thank you, very informative.

Regards, Alex

marc_reusser

That bus has great charm and character, and is right at home with scenery. You should be really pleased with it.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works