• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quiet earth (was: Exercise module for Plettenberg railroad in 1/22.5 scale)

Started by Hydrostat, November 08, 2012, 11:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lab-dad

Three versions, each older.
Very nice.
Marty

Hopefully my wood project comes out as well!
Marty

Don

Hello, my name is Don and I am a new member. A few months ago Russ suggested that I join the form to help improve my narrow gauge modeling but this is just scary! Even the broken bricks and pot holes, filled in with dirt look real. The rails and the switch section, wow. He could probably make a plastic pizza look eatable. I might have to turn my tools into the Goodwill an start watching sports on TV and get a twitter account.
Don

Hydrostat

Quote from: lab-dadHopefully my wood project comes out as well!
Marty

Thanks, Marty. I'm sure it will come out better!

Quote from: DonHello, my name is Don and I am a new member. A few months ago Russ suggested that I join the form to help improve my narrow gauge modeling but this is just scary! Even the broken bricks and pot holes, filled in with dirt look real. The rails and the switch section, wow. He could probably make a plastic pizza look eatable. I might have to turn my tools into the Goodwill an start watching sports on TV and get a twitter account.
Don

Thank you very much Don! Please don't be discouraged by anybody's work. We all started as beginners (not knowing at all which status you have!). But I'm afraid you posted in the wrong thread: Here is the guy who makes plastic pizza eatable ... (Chuck, I'll take a quattro stagioni). This always makes me feel like a bloody fumbler  :o.

Meanwhile I made a drawing of an old Bakelite phone for the janitor's desk.

And I found a nice chair:

Um, don't know yet how to do that ...

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

marc_reusser

So...do you plan to have these item rapid prototyped...or do you plan to making us feel inadequate, by scratchbuilding them? :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Hydrostat

The phone is going to be printed, but the chair should be somewhat selfmade, using knife, gable (and yes, um, the english word for 'Gabel' is 'fork' :'() and spoon. Prototyping is too easy, isn't it?

Volker

lab-dad

QuoteSo...do you plan to have these item rapid prototyped...or do you plan to making us feel inadequate, by scratchbuilding them?

Quotebut the chair should be somewhat selfmade, using knife, gable and spoon. Prototyping is too easy, isn't it?

:D That's funny!

-Mj

finescalerr

If he plans to build it from cheese then maybe he isn't joking .... -- Russ

nk

I like that old Bell telephone. I actually have one that I used until recently. Salvador Dali also used one for his Lobster telephone

You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Design-HSB

Hi Volker,

where have I caught you there?

What do you have to just because Photographed in Schenklengsfeld?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Hydrostat

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm afraid joking stops here.

For the poor eyesighted ones: The butterfly nut's thread is 0.6 mm (0.024').

If you ask how this was done: I don't know. The thing suddenly stood in the gatekeeper's house. And it's full functional. Including the here missing chair casters.

Okay, to be honest (I don't want to be fired - or even worse sent to Nick's corner [it's a corner thing, not because of Nick] ... no forgeries, you know): Helmut, please tell us how you did it. My very little part at that was the idea, some drawings and hints for manufactoring. Helmut said this was an exercise chair  :o.

And now to something completely different: I'm back from the Schenklengsfeld gauge II meeting and want to show you a quick snapshot of a train running in the street. Everything worked fine. Everything? Okay, you have to be aware of the street grabbers ::). I don't get that.

Cheers
Volker

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

mad gerald

Quote from: Hydrostat on May 13, 2013, 04:46:06 AM

... sorry, if it seems I'm nitpicking (again) ... but is the sub-construction of the swivel chair mounted in the center (of the bottom) of the seat - or more towards the front end of the seat http://www.buntbahn.de/fotos/data/8859/5715IMG_6086b.JPG? If so, it would reduce a part of the magic in my eyes. I'm just asking, 'cause I can't imagine (and never have seen) a swivel chair, where the sub-construction isn't mounted centered ...  ::) ...

Cheers  

Hydrostat

Hi all,

to answer Gerald's question here too as I already did at buntbahn: He's probably right. At the pics I've got I'm not able to decide where the pivot is. But I feel it should be in the middle, too. So I asked the owner of the real chair to have a look and am waiting for his answer.

So this blessedly is Helmut's exercise chair and we may bury it for its faultiness.

Cheers,
Volker

mad gerald

... it may be an "exercise" chair for an "exercise" layout ...  ;) ...
Quote from: Hydrostat on May 14, 2013, 01:06:15 AM
So this blessedly is Helmut's exercise chair and we may bury it for its faultiness.
... there's no need for - the chair eventually just needs a little adjustment regarding the mounting of it's sub-construction ... apart from that I'm quite sure Helmut will additionally find a way for further improvement in this case too ...  ;D

Cheers