• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quiet earth (was: Exercise module for Plettenberg railroad in 1/22.5 scale)

Started by Hydrostat, November 08, 2012, 11:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

Thanks a lot for your praise. It's really appreciated. Feels like taking a warm shower in an empty world ;). There are zoomable pictures at my Flickr page: click me.

Quote from: lab-dad on February 14, 2016, 03:47:03 PM
I believe at this point I owe you a pint or two ( at the very least).

No, you don't, but you're welcone! I hope one day we forum people will have an opportunity to meet each other. This would be something ...

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Allan G

Marc988

McBrehm

Wow, just wow. I worked at one of these for many years. Superb workmanship!

Sami

michael mott

Not only the sound of the cleaning lady coming up the steps, but didn't you also smell the wax floor polish, and the last guy out of the room should have turned out the lights.

Brilliant assembly of extremely fine work Volker.

Michael

Hydrostat

Hi,

thanks for your nice words. I think I can call this model done. I added some books and drawings to the drawing office's desks and may add some pencils later on but that's it. If so I'll post some pictures.

Here are some pictures taken at OntraXS in a very rare moment of a special kind of skewed light incidence during a few afternoon minutes.

Considering all the other model railways at the show I was a somewhat strange foreigner with a vehicle free model. But a lot of people took a second look after first rushing past and I was amazed to see so many people touched by this drawing office as a remembrance to their past.

Thanks for your advice, criticism and feedback along that project.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

lab-dad

Loved watching it come together!
I bet it is very moving to see in person.
-Marty

finescalerr

Anybody who did NOT stop and look carefully isn't worth talking to. It is an adequate diorama. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

EZnKY

Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

Bill Gill

Chuck Doan

This has been a wonderful project. I have enjoyed seeing it come together, and how you have designed and built your details.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

nk

Volker,  Congratulations on completing this incredible project. Your attention to detail is equaled by your overall vision and it come together so well. I have loved watching the progress. Thank you.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/