• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quiet earth (was: Exercise module for Plettenberg railroad in 1/22.5 scale)

Started by Hydrostat, November 08, 2012, 11:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

You really are in a rare class of artists and craftsmen, Volker. Incidentally, the soldering block has an interesting texture and might be useful as a modeling material. -- Russ

michael mott

Volker I shall file away that method of dealing with the washers, a clever one for sure.

Michael

Ray Dunakin

Fascinating! I really like that idea about making the washers.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Allan G

Volker; Your skills are amazing! I especially liked the YouTube posts.....Allan

Hydrostat

Thanks, Russ, Michael, Ray, Bill and Alan.

About the drawing machine's rack linkage:

Two linkage parts and brass screw imitations are glued to the weight with CA.

A 0.5 mm brass rod connects both linkage parts. The parts are a bit warped but this will disappear when all parts are lined up on the connecting rods.

Parts for the brake assembly which keeps the table in it's desired position. The lever is etched from 0.2 mm stainless steel like the parallelogram is. The short rod serves as connection of those parts with the foot and as pivot for the lever.

Parts preassembled on a 1.5 mm brass rod and glued with thin CA.

Some more rack linkage:

And that's what it looks like after painting. All versatile parts simply aren't glued to the connecting rods. The bores are tight enough to keep the parts in position but allowing movements.

All 6 machines done. Now I'm waiting for Helmut's boards ...

There was a a rotating stamp rack to come for my chairman's desk. That's the prototype and, um, the model.

It is an assembly of two printed parts (knob and stand), a connecting 0.3 mm rod and the etched plate. The ashtray and stamps are printed, too. The parts are blackened with an edding. I had the parts ceramic filled printed in prototype quality at my provider for master forms, which I've described here.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

michael mott

Volker brilliant absolutely brilliant.....that said where is the print of the stamp?  inquiring minds want an answer.

michael

Allan G

Most of you guys don't realize it but you're really geniuses. I'm serious! Genius comes in many forms and when I stand back and look at the incredible work done on this forum it's unreal. There may be folks out there who do work approaching the quality of work I see here everyday but nobody does it better!!!! Congratulatory note to follow.....Allan

1-32

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I simply can't believe Volker is that good. His mom must be helping him! -- Russ

nk

QuoteNarayan,
thank you. But please help me: What is the correct English word for that item? I thought an easel was rather a painter's scaffold?

Volker I think you can call this an easel, or more correctly a drafting table.

Your work on all these tiny details is amazing. Nice work on the ashtray and the stamp rack
Narayan
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Design-HSB

Volker,

I think the best term is Designer drawing board, if you give the phrase into Google, you get to also matching images.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Hydrostat

Hi all,

those pics are my good bye for 2015. I hope 2016 will be fine for us all with enough time and leisure for modeling. Thanks to all for your criticism and support! Special thanks to Russ for bringing such a bunch of interesting people together all over the world. Well, nearly. Let me kindly say: predominantly all over the western hemisphere.

Quote from: michael mott on December 08, 2015, 02:55:10 PM
Volker brilliant absolutely brilliant.....that said where is the print of the stamp?  inquiring minds want an answer.
michael

Michael, it's the black bar one often sees when people should not be discernable in newspapers, tv shows and forums.

Quote from: Allan G on December 08, 2015, 03:11:40 PM
Most of you guys don't realize it but you're really geniuses. I'm serious! Genius comes in many forms and when I stand back and look at the incredible work done on this forum it's unreal. There may be folks out there who do work approaching the quality of work I see here everyday but nobody does it better!!!! Congratulatory note to follow.....Allan

Allan, that's a very high praise for all the people showing their work here at finescalerr.

Quote from: lab-dad on December 08, 2015, 04:49:44 PM
all chant;
"we are not worthy"........

Marty, for my own good I hope your chanting is comparable to your modeling  :D.

Thanks, Kim and Ray.

Quote from: finescalerr on December 09, 2015, 10:34:33 AM
I simply can't believe Volker is that good. His mom must be helping him! -- Russ

Yes she does. Every morning. Changing into trousers would be and keep being a task for every mature man otherwise.

Thanks Narayan and Helmut.

Cheers!
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"