• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's layout part 9: The End

Started by jacq01, April 04, 2008, 03:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

Ray,

the layout is 48'0" long and 2'3" deep for the sceniced modules. The total depth is 6'0" at the extremes where the track curves with 26" radius to the fiddle yards.  Storage capacity in the fiddle yards is 8 x 10'0" long trains with 6 smaller tracks for railbusses and shorter trains.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Jacq ,

I believe you have been in conversation with a friend of mine , Malcolm Ferriday , who tells me that you will be taking this layout to a show at Leverkusen next April . Can you give a bit more information as there is a possibility that we might come along to the show .

Nick

jacq01

Nick,

as soon as I have more info I let you know. It will be in an old museum building.
  It is an exhibition memorating the 40th anniversary of the FdE Burscheid.  Marcel Ackle will be there too.  Only invited layouts.
  So if you are visiting , take the time to join the conversation in the evenings. Alan Rees is one of my crew, he is travelling together with
  Marcel.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Thanks , Jacq , for the information .

Nick

jacq01

Nick,

the exhibition will be 8-9 May  2010

jacq
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Quote from: jacq01 on September 17, 2009, 07:29:48 AM

Nick,

the exhibition will be 8-9 May  2010

jacq

Thanks , Jacq . The dates are in the diary .

There has been talk of trying to get to the Frankfurt Feldbahn Museum in the same trip , but checking their opening schedule for this year and projecting the same opening weekend to next year ( i.e. the first in the month ) it looks as if we would be a week to late .

Nick

Nick

jacq01

Now it realy has reached the end.

The show in Leverkusen is definitely the last one.
   the layout is sold and will move the end of May to a permanent private setting.

Jacq
I am what I remember.

DaKra

Beautiful work!    I've admired the photos many times, and look forward to your next creation. 

DB_epoch_III

Thank you Jacq

Thank you that we in Leverkusen get so often the oportunity to exhibit this fantastic layout.
We saw over the years like the baby grew and as in the correct life it leaves the house now.
Yours sincerely
Franz  (62)

(Germany - Leverkusen)

marc_reusser

QuoteWe saw over the years like the baby grew and as in the correct life it leaves the house now.

Maybe like a baby it will return home in 30 years and suck your finances dry..... :D ;D.....and obviously it wasn't an Italian baby, otherwise it would never have left mama. ;D ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works