• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Some old and new stuff from a new member.

Started by Alexandre, December 09, 2012, 07:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael mott

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Michael

PS I just watched "Thunderdome" again

finescalerr

Alexandre, the material you described sounds like what we call "foam core" in the U.S. -- Russ

P.S.: Nick, go stand in the corner.

marc_reusser

Quote from: shropshire lad on June 03, 2013, 02:19:59 PM

That's no way to talk about Me "n" Barney .

Just remember , we've got relatives in California , who will do anything for twenty bucks !

Nick

I guess I'll need to keep an eye out for a couple of pastey Pikeys, in a run-down caravan.  ;D ;D :P
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Alexandre

Hi gents,

Sorry for the rushed pictures, but I don't have time and the energy to set up the photo studio.
Just to keep you posted with all the previous concrete experiments, here's a small collage of iphone pictures, showing where things are going and the general layout.
Of course nothing painted yet, raw materials, and still some more building work and details to do before actually starting to paint.

Cheers. 

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Alexandre

Still experimenting my concrete painting...Here the last piece.
Of course, basic painting, needs all the colors variations and weathering.

EDIT : Better picture close up. Each section is 3cm wide.

Alexandre

finescalerr

The first picture didn't make much sense to me. This new one suggests you are headed in a good direction. -- Russ

Alexandre

To be honest I don't think any of my project really make any sense... :) ;D
But I'm OK with that...

marc_reusser

Alex,  I am a bit confused...what are you trying to represent? Painted concrete with the paint peeling, blistering off?

M-Works

Alexandre

Exactly.
It's an experiment in progress using Crackle Tim Holtz paint differently. To try to combine both Hairspray rendering AND crackle paint rendering in one step. I didn't wrote much about that as it still the first tries, and these tries are now buried under another grey raw concrete texture.

EDIT : the big ugly flaked paint in the top section is of course an accident. It's no final product, only test pieces so I wasn't concerned so much about fixing it.

marc_reusser

I understand they're just experiments ;D....just wanted to make sure of what I was looking at. It does have the thickness, surface finish and look of old thick institutional paint that has aged poorly.......but something is bothering me, and I cant seem to put my finger on it.

I want to say that it should have multiple layers or edges on the flages, or flake layers/areas of different shades or color of the paint. One would assume that this concrete would have been painted over several times in it's history/existence.........so maybe this needs to be represented.  Also wondering if the pattern is too overall.......would all the areas weather like this, or only areas exposed to certain elements...or lack of elements.......like I said...it's recognizeable for what you are wanting, but something is lacking...and I can't say what. Sorry. Maybe its just the lack of context.

M-Works

Alexandre

Alexandre

Quick update on this project, with proper picture this time.
Don't pay attention to the strange gravels and earth shape, it fits the main vertical structure's shape that I'm working apart for ease of handling.

Earth texture done with various grained sands and micro balloons, and fixed with AK gravel and sand fixer.
I always prime these effects to see where I need to add or subtract texture, here with AK grey primer and their acrylic thinner.

Some more details and debris to be added, then on to painting... :)

Alexandre