• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1957 Daihatsu "Midget"

Started by marc_reusser, January 02, 2013, 12:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Thanks Ray.

Final round of shading for the lower body. Roof still needs to be addressed....but next it's on to scratching and painting the remaining small details.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Hydrostat

Hello Marc,

to see the real size of the "Midget" just floors me. You caught the impression of this old-but-still-in-use vehicle to the point. Fantastic work!

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Peter_T1958

Outstanding Marc!!

I can only echo what has been said in regards to the finish of this model. It is extremely well done and very realistic. Congratulations.

But ... 
I'm still traumatised by the fact that you stripped down your Gas Mechanical :-\ :-\ :-\

Cheers, Peter
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

finescalerr

I didn't realize you would be able to improve the finish. Not bad. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

It's even more impressive now that I can see how small this model actually is!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Wesleybeks

Bloody hell that is good. Wow.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

shropshire lad

My butler wears white gloves like that . They keep his grubby fingerprints off the claret jug .

marc_reusser

Thanks Peter, Ray and Wesley. Much appreciated.   ......and, err, yeah Russ too. ;)

Nick, A Butler is so...well, "common".... I have Micheal Jackson hold all my models for me while painting.

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on February 19, 2013, 09:47:26 PM
Thanks Peter, Ray and Wesley. Much appreciated.   ......and, err, yeah Russ too. ;)

Nick, A Butler is so...well, "common".... I have Micheal Jackson hold all my models for me while painting.

That must be a bit smelly by now .

danpickard

Ha  ;D (need one of them "like" buttons on this forum)

The Midget is a sweet liitle thing Marc, with some great paint finishes.  Now if that other gas mechanical thing that you stripped back comes out as nice as this little beast, then I understand why you went back for the do over.  And you mean you used to have Michael Jackson hold your models don't you, otherwise I gonna start circulating the conspiracy theory stuff on his fate.

Cheers,
Dan

JESTER

This is looking great Marc!

Gordon Ferguson

Nice work Tim!

The Germans will not know what has hit them.......... Mr Reusser in sequins.  ;D ;D ;D
Gordon

Andi Little

I don't care who you are!!! ...................... That's funny ....... arf!
KBO..................... Andi.

marc_reusser

Most funny Tim! Thanks!

Got up the nerve this evening to carefully strip the roof, mask, and re-shoot a rust base color. Color coat hopefully tomorrow.

M-Works

finescalerr

No wonder. The previous attempt was just horrible. Horrible, do you hear me? -- Russ