• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1957 Daihatsu "Midget"

Started by marc_reusser, January 02, 2013, 12:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

It's a pretty little study in primary colors + rust with the yellow and blue masking tape playing against those colorful red paint bottle caps and then there's that dingy rusty roof midget ... kinda miss the sequined gloves on the latest round ...  :'(
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Dallas,
I'm looking for a red sequined one at the moment. (tried chain-mail...but it was too unwieldy)...

In the meantime....not the Daihatsu (well, it's a Daihatsu, but a different one)... have 4 of these in various steps of progress on the bench at the moment (the bottom grey color will probably end up being what I use on the gas mech repaint.)

...oh, and this should make Russ and Nick happy....all 4 of these will be going into the rubbish bin.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Well, of course they will go into the trash, as well they should. After all, for anyone else they would be unattainable excellence but for you they are mere rubbish.

Want to be really embarrassed? I'll build a model and tell everyone YOU built it! Nyaaaaa!

Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on March 02, 2013, 11:48:06 PM

...oh, and this should make Russ and Nick happy....all 4 of these will be going into the rubbish bin.

One word .... Basterd !

marc_reusser

QuoteOne word .... Basterd !

You can always fish them out. Oh,....wait.....you'll be in Australia. Hahahahaha!  :P  ;D ;D

M-Works

danpickard

They don't need to go in the rubbish, they need to go in amongst some really long and overgrown grass with ivy, spiderwebs and misc junk stored inside them. 
Chuck them in the rubbish bin with an Aussie postcode on it :)

Cheers,
Dan

shropshire lad

Quote from: danpickard on March 03, 2013, 12:23:51 PM
They don't need to go in the rubbish, they need to go in amongst some really long and overgrown grass with ivy, spiderwebs and misc junk stored inside them. 
Chuck them in the rubbish bin with an Aussie postcode on it :)

Cheers,
Dan

Yeah , I'll be staying with both Bernard and Mario , so either address will do .

Nick

danpickard

But Nick, according to google maps, I live a bit further SW of where either of them guys are.
You're hardly gonna have time to do any modelling down here...you'll either be washing dishes at Mario's, or acting like a tourist  ;D

Cheers,
Dan

marc_reusser

Fall repairs completed. I'll call this one done for now. Not super, but I think it's okay for a $7 model.

M-Works

finescalerr

Hideous, but I'd pay $7.00 for it. -- Russ

Wesleybeks

Quote from: marc_reusser on March 18, 2013, 01:12:08 AM
Fall repairs completed. I'll call this one done for now. Not super, but I think it's okay for a $7 model.

Understatement of the year.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

marc_reusser

Ha!...well,thanks Wesley.
I have become ambivalent about this build.

Russ...not so ambivalent, that I will go a penny less than $7.99 for it.

M-Works

jacq01

Marc,

send me your bank account number and I'll transfer the money.   ;)  You still have my address ? 
Pity I will miss your presentation in Germany. I will be in Adelaide that time.
Maybe end of August in Passadena ?

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Andi Little

I know the others like to tease! ... But I still happen to think it's bliddy fantastic.
In fact if if this forum wasn't so delicately natured I would expound my admiration to its fullest Anglo-Saxon!!

Abso ........... lutely. .................[think Big - I shouldn't admit it - but I liked Big].
KBO..................... Andi.

mad gerald

Fall repairs completed. I'll call this one done for now.
... um, well ... would you mind giving us a peek in your waste bin as well ... ?  ;D

... Not super, but I think it's okay for a $7 model ...
... come on, you must be Joe King ...  8) ... (and what the others said) ...

Cheers