• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Catwoman / D4C

Started by Bill76, January 08, 2013, 02:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill76

Some pictures of the final assembly. First coat of gray Panzer paint and brown from Prince August paints.

Bill76

All the other little parts as levers or lights are painted seperatly.

Bill76

I painted some faded and brighter areas with Dark Flesh and Vermin Brown from Cidadel paints.

Bill76

The HS and sponge techniques are gonna be used for this first stage of painting. I add some scratches and rusty colors from the Lifecolor ''Rust and Dust'' set. The whole kit is worked with this process.

A coat of Worn effects from AK is sprayed before the yellow paint.

Georges.

Gordon Ferguson

Georges,

this is a great little build, and you have done wonders with the basic kit!.

Look forward to seeing how your painting works out

I really must get back and paint my crawler  ::)
Gordon

michael mott

Georges, the model look great it always amazes me when all the different types of materials are unified with colour.

Michael

Bill76

Thanks guys for your comments. You're right Gordon : the gray paint is very cool and gives a very different strenght when applied.

I finish the primer paint with a yellow foundation from Citadel. This paint has a good coverage rate and the other forthcoming coats of yellow paints will be easier.

All the acrylic paints are from Prince August. For my first real test of the modulation technique, I choose five different colours : three yellow, white and a brown (cholocate) for the darkest areas. The aim is to create a lot of fading and contrasted shades. They are used straight from the bottle and mixed.

Bill76

The main work is on the hood and the canopy. As noticed before, I spray Worn effects from AK on all the parts for weathering.

Bill76

The hood shows the various shades made with the airbrush. Fewer layers of paint hane been laid before a good result.

Georges.

finescalerr

It is really starting to come together. -- Russ

Bill76

@Russ : thanks.

First test : the engine. With warm water, I start the chipping process softly to feel the different reaction between the water and the AK fluid. Good starting. For the moment ...

Bill76

Depending the thickness of the paint, the reaction is sometimes a bit surprising and a good control of the brush is needed. A primal scratch operation with brush and toothpick is done in a random way but realistic (I suppose ...) way. It appears rough but this will be less in the next stages.

Bill76

Another shot. This operation is very funny and it's very interesting to see how the HS technique is going on. This helps to know how thick or thin the AK fluid must be and how much water or brush work is needed ! Very interesting work.

I try to respect an usual wear on this type of crawlers.

The seat is roughly paint with an black acrylic paint from Citadel.

Georges.

Malachi Constant

That's a real nice tractor you've got going there!  Following along & looking forward to the finishes ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World