• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Catwoman / D4C

Started by Bill76, January 08, 2013, 02:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill76

Oil paints as Raw Amber are used to contrast the empty spaces and holes. Graphite is applied gently on the corners, the hooks, handles and on the lower part of the blade.

Pigments are applied as well where needed and fixed with Fier from Mig Productions.

That's all for the blade.

Georges.

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. -- Russ

Design-HSB

Hello George,
first of all I would be happy if I could make color the way you are presenting here.
Only one thing I notice. When I see the sign of a bulldozer and comes fresh from the factory, then this is painted clean.
The moment the caterpillar to work the paint is sanded completely and utterly blank.
Of course, the rust bucket and completely uniform but only traces of ink from the moment it is no longer on the blade.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

The chalk marks and "recent welds" are a nice touch. Those are not often modeled.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill76

@ Thanks Ray and Helmut for comments.

Here are the pictures of the Caterpillar D4C finished. Glad that this project has an end. The diorama is under process for the moment and I will add pictures in a while.

Bill76

@Ray : working on rust metal sheets is very interesting as representing welding / cutting torch marks as well. And it takes as much time as painting other colours but it gives more life to the model. You will see in a while why this detail is important ...

Bill76

The left side is more worn that the right side and I use a bit more graphite.

Bill76

The canopy is not definitively fitted on the Cat so it can be removed for a better view on the driving platform. And because I like dozers without cab / canopy as well.

Georges.

Gordon Ferguson

Georges,

you have done a wonderful job with that kit ................. nice work
Gordon

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Marc988

Very nice.

Looking forward to the diorama for the Cat

Bill76

@ Thanks guys.

Some last shots of the D4C without the canopy.

Bill76

Two more.

Bill76

The last one and the pictures of the dozer included in the kit.

Concerning the diorama, there will a short delay. I'm going to spent a few days in Paris for a professionnal farm show so I won't be able to follow the building process.
So I have to wait until the beginning of March.

Thanks a lot for following this project.

See you soon. Georges.