• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:1 Model Shay

Started by Mobilgas, January 25, 2013, 04:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilgas

Dave Revelias...   model of a  1:1 model shay  :o
Craig

Ray Dunakin

That sure beats hanging a moose head on your wall! I wonder what it's made of, and whether he plans to paint it?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

You guys exaggerate. It's only part of a Shay. I'm really going to have to have a long talk with Dave about these wild claims. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on January 25, 2013, 07:56:12 PM
That sure beats hanging a moose head on your wall! I wonder what it's made of, and whether he plans to paint it?

3D printing !

lab-dad

I asked the sane thing.
it is cnc cut foam.

Go big or go home!!

Richard Schmitt

Hi Guys,
The Shay is built out of foam cut by CNC. The foam will get a hard coat finish and then will be painted. The Shay will be located at the Center for Finescale Modeling in Odessa, FL. The building has several large overhead roll-up doors that have been sealed shut from the inside when the building was remodeled for the Center. The Shay will be staged at one of the overhead doors that will be model to resemble an engine house door. The Shay will have sound, smoke and working light. ;D
Here is a link to the Center's web site http://www.finescalemodeling.org/
Richard Schmitt
Sundance Central Modular Railroad

finescalerr

Thanks for the info, young Richard. You guys are really putting together an impressive tribute to railroad modeling. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on January 29, 2013, 12:12:08 PM
Thanks for the info, young Richard. You guys are really putting together an impressive tribute to railroad modeling. -- Russ

Other types of modelling are included .