• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ten Fordson Machines

Started by Scratchman, February 20, 2013, 08:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

Chuck Doan

I'll bundle some pics for you. There is an Irish Trackson on U Tube that appears to be correct less a couple of features on the Fordson part. Your models will be correct for an American version.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

kneighbarger

Amazing work as always, Gordon. I am looking forward to the diorama.
Ken

finescalerr

Those models should suffice, Gordon. Now quit resting on your laurels and get back to work. -- Russ

Scratchman

Here's my 9th  machine renumbered #6 replacing the "Skagit M.A.C. Tugger Hoist" The prototype that I'm modeling is similar to the HP Rigid Rail Track Model X. Built by the Hadfield Penfield Steel Co. I'm thinking that it may be an earlier model, but it may be something totally different. I will see if I can get a photo of the prototype to post.

Here's three photos of my progress on the model. After the rest of the detail is added and everything is painted I will use a jig to hold the parts straight for assembly. There are regular fordson wheels on the front.

Gordon Birrell   

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

5thwheel

Gordon, are you building up each wheel?
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

finescalerr

Scratchman

Here's a photo showing (in the center) the parts for one side of the idler-wheel, (on the right) both sides of the finished idler-wheel, (on the left) both sides of the finished sprocket, and (on the bottom) the start of the front wheels.

SBS for the Idler-wheel (parts for one side)

1) Out of  0.020" styrene cut a disk the total diameter of the wheel. Drill a 3/32" center hole for the axle. Mark the six spokes on the disk
2) On one side add (a. small styrene disk with a 3/32" hole in the center), (b. a 2 inch styrene ring total diameter of the wheel), (c. six 1/8" wide styrene spokes) All part are 0.020" styrene.
3) Need one more parts a. and b. for the other side.
4) Carve out between the spokes. I start by drilling a hole in the three corners cut out with a #11 hobby knife and finish with a around and square file.
5) Cut styrene tube x 0.080" long and add to the center of the small styrene disk (a.). Cut styrene spokes 0.030" x 0.080 and add to part (c.)
6) For the tire I used 0.020" x 0.080" styrene. After curling the tire like you would do to a ribbon on present add to the ring at the end of the spokes.

Here's a photo of my progress: the components still are not glued together.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Great job Gordon. This is going to a real good one.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Yep, Chuck would seem to be correct. -- Russ

lab-dad

What a cool assembly!
Looks like one of those "executive decorations" you would see on some big shots desk.
I like the color. At first I thought it was laser-board and you cheated (like I would) and had them lasered!

Thanks for sharing the sbs, good stuff!

-Mj

finescalerr

Using lasers is not "cheating", young Martin. But it's sure easier! -- Russ

billmart

Thanks for the SBS on wheel construction.  I love working with styrene so I always find your projects to be of great interest.

Bill Martinsen

5thwheel

Looks like another great build underway.

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.