• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ten Fordson Machines

Started by Scratchman, February 20, 2013, 08:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchman

Thanks guys for your comments. Here's two photos of my progress.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

5thwheel

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Hauk

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

AlexG

Your models make me ... green of envy.
I'm absolutely speechless, after all that others have aklready said.
On and on you go ... I think we deserve masterpieces like these.

finescalerr

Another adequate display of craftsmanship. -- Russ

Mr Potato Head

When looking at the progress of Gordon's work I always say to my self" How does he do that?"
when I fact I have been to his studio, I have seen the Hobbit-ish  like environment, with wooden trays of parts everywhere, mostly scratch built parts, everywhere, he's got tons of projects in the works at any one time,.........
and you can see his thought process and how he makes all the parts, but when you leave, you still say,..............
"how does he do that?"
I've seen it and I believe it but I don't know how he does it?????????????????????????
perplexed and always amazed, always in awe,....................................
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Hydrostat

Simply stunning!  :o I reallly like it all over, but what catches my eye especially is the radiator web.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Scratchman

Thanks guys for your comments. For the tracks on machine #6, I'm using ladder chain from Tamiya.  The chain comes in a ladder chain and sprocket set, there are 128 links and some sprocket parts in the set. I built the connecting parts out of styrene square tubing. First I cut a piece of 3/16" tubing 1/4" long and placed it down into the link keeping flush with the top of the chain. Then I cut a piece of 1/4" tubing a small 1/8", this part goes over the 3/16" tubing on the bottom of the chain. I'm thinking that I will paint the connecting parts and add them to the chain and then add the full assembly to the frame and glue all the parts. At this point I will add a painted pad to each of the connecting parts.    

Gordon Birrell                                                                                                                                                            

Gordon Birrell
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

finescalerr

Way to go, Gordon. -- Russ

lab-dad

Looking good Gordon!
How does the tamia chain compare to the servolink?
Can you take a side by side picture?

Marty

Chuck Doan

That's a lot of work! Should look great all painted up.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World