• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1918 Holt Trencher

Started by Barney, February 25, 2013, 12:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Moving on to the Bucket wheel -according to the reading the bucket wheels came in various sizes 9 foot to 14 ft some were even bigger and the buckets were sized and shaped according to the customers requirements the model has a 9 foot wheel with 2 ft buckets (the larger wheels had smaller buckets)
Hosted on Fotki

The Guide wheels are modified tank idler wheels
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
Barney

Gordon Ferguson

Considering the lack of reference and "plans" wonderful work. Didn't realise you were conting the rivets in the part count per bucket  ;D

As told you I am a real fan of the work you done on that wheel, and although pains me to say it .... That is the proper way to do gears

think there one rivet out of line, better just hand the lot to Nick
Gordon

Andi Little

KBO..................... Andi.

finescalerr

Barney

On the subject of rivet alignment - wait to you get an eye-full of the finished bucket wheel -I have checked the photos several times and there does not appear to be any order of alignment whatsoever + different size brackets fixed with odd sized rivets and odd bolts
Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Bit more progress - bucket wheel nearly complete and trial fit to main chassis

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Next step loads of nuts/bolts and rivets
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

billmart

Beautiful styrene work, Barney.  You are setting the bar pretty darn high for those of us who like to build our models in styrene.  It all looks so precise and clean.

Bill M.

finescalerr

I agree. Truly outstanding. And the vast amount of time necessary to install all that detail has not been lost on us, either. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Oh f*** me!.....why do I even try anymore?  ??? ::) :-\ :-X :( :'(

Just wonderful.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 19, 2013, 02:50:20 PM
Oh f*** me!.....why do I even try anymore?  ??? ::) :-\ :-X :( :'(

Just wonderful.

I don't try . I just buy them off him when he is bored with them ,

Nick

Chuck Doan

Beautiful! Very clean construction.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Progress slow but enjoyable ! and stocks of nuts/bolts and rivets getting low -
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

First photo an old one - so the next one is of progress
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki