• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1918 Holt Trencher

Started by Barney, February 25, 2013, 12:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

What else can be said.  Just beautiful work.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

Thanks to all for your comments -its what keeps us going -started work on the engine 28 litre 6 cylinder brut !
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Mr Potato Head

Are all those head bolts torqued to spec's ::)
Unbelievable job I would haven never know that you started with Legos ??? ??? ???
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

finescalerr

NORCALLOGGER

Great job on the whole model and the engine looks superb.
That engine looks very similar to the Caterpillar 60 engine.
Did you have the water pump and Mag printed
Rick

David King

This is amazing work!  Where do you find such good reference material?  I find I'm often stumped even when starting with a kit due to lack of good prototype information.

David
"It's almost written down as a formula, that when a man begins to think that he has at last found his method, he had better begin a most searching examination of himself to see wether some part of his brain has gone to sleep." - Henry Ford

http://www.dsao.fotki.com/

Gordon Ferguson

Looks even better than the pics you sent me, nice to see how you built up the engine.

Mind you still a lot to do and not a lot of time ...... ;D ;D

Rick

I reckon the water pump and the magneto are from off the LZ (Mirror models ) Cat Sixty conversion ......... Barney is a great fan of their stuff and resin kits overall  ;) ;)
Gordon

Malachi Constant

Holy Mackerel!  You're definitely going to win the NBW-consumption contest!  This monstrosity has hardware everywhere ... no idea how you're keeping track of it all ... but dang it sure keeps shaping up to be more-n-more interesting!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Barney

David – reference for this one was patchy /confusing/very little measurements – photos and totally nonexistent in parts (nothing like a challenge) the engine at first with one photo showed a standard Holt Aurora 6 cylinder plenty of info' on that one it's a basic standard 4 cylinder with 2 pots added - second description no photos said a 6 or 8 cylinder airship engine –third description said it was a marine engine! Confused or what! Then it turned out that no engine was fitted just a rolling chassis supplied by Holt and who knows what engine was fitted – so I ended up by going down the middle – its good in one way and it has the added attraction that it really throws the "rivet counters and measurement anoraks "off course big time !
The water pump and magneto were out of the scrap box (best place for anything resin)
The only two bits I could find out of a complete kit that did not look like the dog had chewed
And one for "Gordon the wind up" my love affair with anything resin ended a long time ago
I will stick to my LEGO blocks – at least they are square !
Barney

Barney

Work on radiator -built from Evergreen 30thou rods and strip for the top and bottom tanks .
Hosted on Fotki
trial fit of rad on to frame
Hosted on Fotki
Exhaust fitted
Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Gordon Ferguson

Sorry Barney, but got to ask.....

What colour will this one be ? :D
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: Gordon Ferguson on August 15, 2013, 07:46:16 AM
Sorry Barney, but got to ask.....

What colour will this one be ? :D

Oh , Gordon , you know as well as everyone that it has got to be same colour as the other trencher that I have got so that they will complement each other when they are sitting on my mantlepiece (obviously the fire won't be on ) ,

Nick