• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Uncle Russ, ever wonder?

Started by SDFarmer, April 25, 2013, 04:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDFarmer

Ever Wonder what people actually do with your Pub's? Here is a photo of what "Modelers Annual 2007" looks like spread across 2 monitors with the Westlake Pub. site in the third and Skype on the fourth. Had to call someone...

Getting older, the books are getting harder to read/see and wondered if the photos in your online/download editions would be good enough to blow up and you didn't disappoint. They look great and provide all the detail I could imagine and that modeling track article (2007) beats all the rivet counting to death.

Thank you for offering such a high quality, high resolution Pub.

Ken

finescalerr

Thank you, Ken. I hope your photo will show at least one forum visitor the value of a decent PDF. But I suspect most will walk away muttering, "I don't do digital." -- Russ

SDFarmer

Under the category of "Don't encourage him..." I'm sending along another test. I never thought of just spreading it across all the monitors to see what it looked like. I am just getting some "Jaggies" when it is spread that far. That far? That is 56"s of monitors and their are over 5,130 pixels being used (horizontal) I'm not sure what this represents in resolution, but suffice it to say it is big!

Oh no, I just realized my "aftermarket" PDF viewer may be limiting this??

Now I'm going to have to research/find Hi-Rez PDF viewers!!

You monster!!

What my presentation does exhibit is the care and skill you have applied to the production of this high quality PDF product... hmm, candidate for the PDF awards?

Thanks again,

Ken

danpickard

Great application Ken.  I think I might go and check out the digital version I got the other day on the 42" monitor.  Resolution might not be as good on a standard flatscreen LCD tv, but I think I'll try it, just because I can  ;D

Cheers,
Dan