• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Kitforums build

Started by eTraxx, May 28, 2013, 01:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

Appreciate that Russ. I took the dio outside this morning after a little more oil paint weathering (very little). Time to step back and think about the next step I think.

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

michael mott

Ed, the hopper looks real, I would be really happy with if it were mine. Oh yeah and hurry up and finish that stone work so I can take off my sunglasses 8)

Michael

eTraxx

Michael,
:D .. ok .. grimed it up a bit .. not nearly so new now. Not sealed yet (weathering powders) so I may lighten the dark a bit .. but .. they ARE dumping coal there ..

.. was bored waiting for acrylic gel to set up elsewhere so I propped a little person up against the tunnel opening for a photo op. Geeze .. now I gotta review painting figures .. and .. woah. Camera makes the gap where the structure meets the platform so obvious. *sigh* .. :/
Ed Traxler

michael mott

Phew thanks Ed!
QuoteCamera makes the gap where the structure meets the platform so obvious. *sigh* .. :/
No problem Ed just do what we do in real life squeeze a caulking gun full of PL400 along that seam. Truly I have seen it wit me own eyes!!

Michael

eTraxx

Need a road to go under the dump chute. Here .. glue is drying. Plan to add a few yellowish grass here and there
Ed Traxler

lab-dad

where are the ruts from the tyres?

-Mj

michael mott

Quotewhere are the ruts from the tyres?

yeah and the "dog-ends" ;D

Michael

eTraxx

Quote from: lab-dad on June 04, 2013, 10:24:15 AM
where are the ruts from the tyres?

-Mj
Ummm. True .. nothing to show a vehicle has been there. It's asphalt so no ruts .. but I know what you mean .. show that a vehicle goes there. How about this?

Ed Traxler

marc_reusser

Hmm...I have two issues that are nagging me....

The crack/gap/space, between the building and platform (in the pic w/ Mr. Bowler Hat)

....and whatever the light stuff (dirt?) is that is sprinkled over the asphalt.....major scale and texture issues with that. Looks more bags of sawdust fell off a passing truck.  :-\ :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

eTraxx

Gap and Mr. Bowler hat .. I filled the gap. Will prob come back with some pumice gel and texture that. Right now just filled and painted to match the area around it

The 'sawdust' on the road. That was a while back (like yesterday) .. I keep messing around
Ed Traxler

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Yeah, what he said. It's starting to look very good. -- Russ

lab-dad

Oh yea!
getting better each day!
-Mj

okiecrip

gary wise