• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My sisters B&B in Cahors, France

Started by Guy Milh(imeter), August 04, 2013, 06:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy Milh(imeter)

Hi all,

This is a build I started two years ago and I want it to be finished in september 2013. It will be a box. Scale is 1/35

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63734450@N05/sets/72157634922021403/

(I will be uploading pics here but I wanted to show as much pics as possible so you could comment)

It is a present for my sister who will be leaving Belgium to go and live in France with here Husband (It is not very far from where Alexandre lives, near Cahors)). She will be having a  "Chambre d'Hôtes" (a sort of B&B). There is  1 house where she and here husband will live, 1 house with a large kitchen and a large dining room (for guests) and a shed (with 5 rooms for guests). I'm doing her house.

The reason why it takes me so long to finish this build is because of my full-time job, my other hobby (I sing in several bands) and because of THE ROOF  >:(. Man, I do hate this roof.
It is a very old slate roof that has very irregular tiles, so I could not use any commercial plates (not that I didn't look for it). My first attempt was a plaster one with a mould I've made but it turned out terrible and was way to heavy.

Now I've made it out of strips of carboard witch I glued on another peace of carboard and then covered it with deluted wall filler.

To do list:
- add lights (on top of the front door and behind the right window)
- add flower pots
- make a box
- order the frame with museum-glass (sort of non reflecting glass that looks like there is no glass at all)

Hope you like it, pls do comment,  I will be closing the box in 2 weeks, ...

chester

Very nice Guy. Your vegetation is superb.

Chuck Doan

Beautiful! I'm sure your sister will love it.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Guy Milh(imeter)

Thanks Chester, all vegetation is from joefix: http://www.joefix-studio.be/
He is a very nice guy and gave me a nice discount  ;D

Chuck, never in my live I tought I would get such a comment from you,...I'm a very big fan !!! Thanks man, you made my day !!
This is like Sinatra telling me I have a great singing voice   :D

Malachi Constant

Really wonderful ... and the sun-lit photos show off your work very nicely!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Guy Milh(imeter)

nk

That is a really lovely build with very generous intentions behind it. Well done.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Guy Milh(imeter)

Dirky

Great work Guy!

b.t.w. long time no see :-)

Guy Milh(imeter)

Thanks Dirky!!
Dirky taught me how to make windows ;D

Guy Milh(imeter)

Hi Russ,

In another treat you stated:

"Usually, for a model, a "seamless" backdrop is ideal and white often works best. "Seamless" means no wrinkles, no horizon line, no other distractions."

Would that count for my enclosed box to? I,m realy uncertan what colours to use for the sides and the back. I was thinking sky blue for the back side. I tried it but the problem is that there are shades of the roof on the sky, and that is not really natural.

Guy

finescalerr

White might be the most neutral choice. The advantage is that every color of the model will stand out from it. In your case, you may decide a "cream" white suits the box and model better than a "bright" white. It would be an artistic decision. -- Russ

Guy Milh(imeter)

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World