• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

"Moving Day" new diorama in 1/35 scale already in progress

Started by Junior, September 16, 2013, 01:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Hi guys,

It´s been awhile and I´m sorry for not being more active in posting comments but I have for sure been following along all the great stuff that has been presented here.

Since September 2012 I have been working on this new diorama depicting a Swedish city block (backyard) set in 1935. There are two residential buildings, a 17th century building in the back used for storage and a furniture repair shop. I call it "Moving Day" because it will feature a family that is about to move. The cart shown will be surrounded with furniture, boxes etc. when in it´s final position. Included will also be a couple of figures.

These are my first pics. and it´s always a shock to see details three times actual size but luckily enough it will only be viewed under normal circumstances. One could of course avoid these shots like many modelers do but I beleive they are a great aid in improving things. However nothing is final in these pictures and there will be a lot to be added, corrected and maybe removed.

There are also three working lights so when finished I will take some night pics. as well. I have also mixed in some prototype pics. in this post that inspired the build.

Thanks to Christian (BLKN) who helped out with the signs and to Dave Krakow who custom made some parts. All of this will be shown later in detailed pic.

As usual all sorts of comments are welcome.

Anders

Pic.1

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior