• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

"Moving Day" new diorama in 1/35 scale already in progress

Started by Junior, September 16, 2013, 01:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

nk

Anders, Congrats on the well deserved prizes, but best of all on having a good time and not taking any of it too seriously.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Junior

Thanks very much!

Chester, I can send you pictures of some work that is not so award winning...... ::) ::) ::)! Interesting, our posts almost equals....your´e in the lead 698-695.

Anders

Malachi Constant

I've been at a loss for words the whole way here ... think I'll go with:  Your work is absolutely sickening!  ;D  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

Thanks for helping to clarify my own thoughts, Dallas. I couldn't have said it better myself! -- Russ

Junior

Thanks very much Dallas & Russ  :)!

Just two evening pictures today or whatever you want to call them.... ;D! I´ll be back with the final detail pictures and an SBS as soon as the weather permits an outdoor session, it´s been raining for a week or so.

Anders

P.S. Pictures way over sized as usual....it´s still 1/35 scale.

Pic.1

Junior

Hauk

Quote from: Junior on November 07, 2013, 02:44:01 AM

Just two evening pictures today or whatever you want to call them.... ;D!

Wonderful pictures, especially the last one.

Cant wait to see more!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

BKLN

Ray Dunakin

Wow, really great shots!

I'm curious about the wall lamp in the first photo. Where did you get it? Or is it scratch? I haven't seen anything that good even in 1/24th scale.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Max Corey

There you go with that ambiance stuff again.  This is now one of my all-time favorite dioramas, and has lots of it.  You are right about Shep Paine, his diorama with the sailor and cat (and beautiful Navy Parrot pivot gun) is another favorite with ambiance, as are his aircraft and box dioramas.
A screw up on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.

Junior

Thanks again guys   :)!

Ray, here is the lamp:

http://www.brawa.de/en/products/h0/lamps/wall-lights/5357-wall-light-nuremberg.html. It´s sold as HO scale..... ??? An HO figure would fit inside..... ;D! There´s a 12 volt bulb included that is far too bright but a dimmer or resistant takes care of that.

It would look great as a somewhat smaller lamp in 1/24 scale. Other German manufacturers you might want to check out are: Viessmann, Kibri & Noch.

Anders

finescalerr

You seem to have mastered the art of using contrasting light sources to advantage. Most guys do it by accident to their DISadvantage. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Hi Anders,

I hope not to be offending: I feel the same about the mood in both pictures. The first one looks even better to me for there is this blur at the womens' face and the bike in the second one, which makes it look a bit strange. But in both pictures the cables for the lamp give it away. I had the same problem and maybe found a solution here: http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=1983.msg44257#msg44257; please scroll down to the last two pictures; I don't want to hijack your thread with my pics. I removed the insulation from one wire so this one seems to be a steel rope to hold the lamp and the other one the cable for power. You even may remove both insulations, if it's still too thick and then color this with non-conducting color. In your second picture the crooked cable is another problem.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"