• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Logging Arches

Started by NORCALLOGGER, October 27, 2013, 07:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

chester

Frederic Testard

It's very impressive, Rick, and a pleasure to follow the making process.
Frederic Testard

5thwheel

Looking good Rick. Won't be long before you're skidding logs.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Barney

Inspired and very impressed
Barney

nalmeida

Wonderful styrene work Rick. I have to get some sintra boards you guys talk about, seems interesting to some projects I have in mind, unfortunately I can't seem to find it in my country :(

Ray Dunakin

Sintra is an American brand name for PVC foam board. There may be something similar under a different brand name in your country.

Ray Dunakin's World

NORCALLOGGER

Thanks all for the interest in this little project
I finally have some more progress to show.

I thought it might be a good idea to explain that I lay out each segment on card stock before transferring to styrene or Sintra sheet.  That way I can make all the mistakes and changes on the card and not mess up the styrene sheet.

Cutting out the .040 Styrene skins for the vertical arches, I have been using the E6000 glue to laminate to the Sintra.

Here is one of the vertical arches with some of the wrappers on and the holes drilled for the start of the wrapped cutouts.

A couple of shots of the vertical arches completed and attached to the angled arches and tracked wheel assemblies.  The card stock beam pattern is in place to give some perspective and to make sure the measurements are correct.  Notice that the brass has all been burnished with A-West's "Blacken It", things are moving along.

Thanks for following along.
Rick

NORCALLOGGER

Well the main beams are done nothing left but the Fairleads, hitches, cable guides, and paint/weathering.

Ray Dunakin

Looks beefy enough to handle real logs.

Ray Dunakin's World

eTraxx

Going to pick up some E-6000 .. I've used epoxy to glue my Sintra but I would like something better
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

finescalerr

That certainly looks decent at this point. -- Russ

Arno Boudoiron

NORCALLOGGER

Very little progress lately but here are a couple of pictures.
Rick