• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Gas Mechanical Bash

Started by marc_reusser, July 26, 2008, 01:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeOn3

Franck,

Beautifull weathering.
If I see these pictures, then I have a long way to go to achieve this.

Leon

TRAINS1941

Franck

Beautiful weathering very realistic.  But I will admit real or not that seat could have some real drawbacks.
Thanks for the pictures and explanation.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Franck Tavernier

Leon, Jerry, thanks for the kind words! Yes this seat could have some drawbacks!  :D :D

Chuck Doan

Very nice Fordson-based loco!

[/quote]

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

lab-dad

Oh man!
I didnt realize that was Fordson powered?!?!
That would make an awesome sister for my Plymouth!
Hmm....Franklin Mint.....

Do we have any more pictures of the loco?

-Marty

Franck Tavernier

Hi Marty, yes I have more pictures of this loco :

shropshire lad

No , Marty , you mustn't . You promised that you would be returning to your normal scale once you finished your Plymouth . ....Still , it does look rather fun . Oh , all right , maybe you can do it after all .

Nick

TRAINS1941

-MJ

Holy Bat Poop!!  Have you lost your mind completely!!  Next you'll want to do a brother!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Thanks for those, Franck!

Marty, I got my Fordson from Danbury MInt. Don't know if it is still available, but I have seen them on Ebay.

THere are many Fordson based locos out there. (plus that Death Valley Monorail!)
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

Krusty

The loco is a 2ft 6in gauge 1932-vintage Hudson Go-Go, one of three surviving. English modeller Jeremy Tilston <jeremy@jtilston.wanadoo.co.uk> used to sell an excellent set of 1:13.7-scale drawings on CD as Vol 2 No 2 of his Industrial Narrow Gauge Illustrated series. Unfortunately, he stopped producing new releases a couple of years ago to devote his time to the Moseley museum magazine. I don't know if he's still prepared to burn new copies. Mike Decker used to sell them in the USA, but, again, I don't know if he's still in the retailing business.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

lab-dad

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More pictures....plans (might) be available.........CRAP!!!!!!!!!!
That thing is cool!
May be I'll do it in 1/32......no wait the DM model is 1/16......must resist.....wait there is a 1:48 Fordson model.....
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Frank,
Are these the original size images?
If not, can I get you to send me the original large files? Please.
lab_dad at yahoo

Just sent Jeremy an email......

And it failed.............

-Marty

Chuck Doan

Marty, you probably know of the Bill Roy Fordson (model F), but there is also a Fordson N made by I think The Model Company in 1/43. The tractor in this loco is a Model N, though the F would work perfectly well.

Hmmm...if you cross a Hudson Go-Go, with a Japanese Ha-Go, you would have a Hudson Ha Go-Go.

Franck Tavernier

Hi Marty,

No it's not the original size images! But I can send the original images if you want  ;)

There is a Fordson F in 1:32 scale, made by Tekno Bygg, from Sweden :

http://wb616757.bahnhofbredband.se/

http://wb616757.bahnhofbredband.se/agricult.htm

About the Hudson Go-Go, I found this on Wikipedia : "When the Fordson petrol tractor became widely available in the 1920?s Hudsons adapted this unit to make a simple locomotive. The locomotive used a four wheeled cast chassis to which a roller chain drive connected to the tractor axle. The tractor gearbox had three forward speeds but only one reverse gear, which clearly was a limitation for a locomotive that has to operate bi-directionally. Only a few of these machines were constructed but fortunately a 2-foot (0.61 m) gauge, 1928 model is preserved at the Armley Mills Industrial Museum, Leeds." There are also a model preserved at the Amberley Museum...

Franck

marc_reusser

Great info guys! Fun stuff. Thanks for the link Franck.

I have Bills 1/48 kit (unless I tossed it on my On30 purge  :-\)

The 1/32 diecast looks tempting.....might work OK for the Hudson loco in 1/35, since most of the fordson is hidden to some degree. I bet if somone made some masters for the Husdon frame (which would be easy to cast in resin), a couple of people might be interested in one. The limited run casting might be a conversation to take up with Jerry Kitts.  Of course we would have to talk Franck into making several sets of all the brass PE parts for the the cab and bonnet  ;D ;D ;D.

Chuck:  Ahhh.... the reclusive Fordson "Ha-Go-Go"....sort of something like this  ;) ;D ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Krusty

QuoteJust sent Jeremy an email......

And it failed.............

Marty

Seems Jeremy has changed his email address since issuing the CD. Sorry about that chief. The latest Moseley trust magazine I have shows it as ....
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"