• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Gas Mechanical Bash

Started by marc_reusser, July 26, 2008, 01:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

narrowgauger

Hi Guys

beautiful Decauville style track that would be perfect with my new fully self contained battery operated operating system.

no insulation required, absolute scale speed, rough as guts track, no connections needed between track sections and ...................... no track wiring of any nature required.  With this trackwork & RC control it is 1:35 scale heaven.

have fun & stay cool
Bernard

Marc,

power transmission with 3v high torque motors makes this the perfect combination.

BS

Franck Tavernier

Hi Bernard,

Could you possibly show us a sample of your radio control system installed in a loco? It seems indeed quite interesting!

Franck

shropshire lad

Quote from: Franck Tavernier on April 16, 2013, 12:09:28 AM
Hi Bernard,

Could you possibly show us a sample of your radio control system installed in a loco? It seems indeed quite interesting!

Franck

Franck ,

Bernard could , but as I have been promising to start a separate thread on the subject it might be better if you gave me a bit more time to get my act together and do the job properly .

Nick

finescalerr

I am convinced battery R/C is the future of model vehicle control but so far the thickheaded model railroad industry has turned away from it. I'm not sure whether that is because when DCC appeared we still didn't have good, small batteries or because (as usual) the NMRA (who dictates such things) was too stupid and corrupt to investigate deeply.

At this point it is up to a handful of pioneers -- US -- to prove the value of R/C to an entrenched industry resistant to change. I eagerly await Nick's report on Bernard's work.

Russ

Les

For a forum on Battery / RC refer to freerails.com and particularly

http://www.freerails.com/view_forum.php?id=45

This is for  a forum that has been discussing and promoting Battery / RC for quite a while. I became aware of the site around 6 years ago but it has been discussing Battery / RC longer. The entire site is not necessarily Fine Scale but definitely dedicated to model railway.
Les

narrowgauger

Morning Team

for those interested attached a photograph showing the RC / battery installation in a 1:35, 16.5mm gauge Ns2f industrial locomotive. 

when reviewing please note that this was a quick construction of the locomotive (about 3 days) to ensure that the loco was available for the recent ANGC.

this loco and one other performed flawlessly for over 7 hours on a single charge of the 300mah LiPo battery.  As you will see the entire installation is fully contained within the space under the engine cover.

this is the culmination of 12 years of work towards a miniaturised fully self-contained RC system, which has been proven totally succesful with the valued assistance of a brilliant Brittish intergrated circuit designer.

Nick will further elaborate when we set up the new thread on RC control.

With Russ's indulgence I let it be known that this system is now available from TMWA.

Bernard

artizen

Bernard - you have already convinced me.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Franck Tavernier

Thank you so much Bernard!

Gordon Ferguson and Nick sent me too some photos and informations about your system.

Innovation indeed very interesting. It overcomes without difficulties insulation problems ... especially for a track laid on real metal sleepers!

Franck

shropshire lad

Quote from: Franck Tavernier on April 21, 2013, 12:57:40 AM
Thank you so much Bernard!

Gordon Ferguson and Nick sent me too some photos and informations about your system.

Innovation indeed very interesting. It overcomes without difficulties insulation problems ... especially for a track laid on real metal sleepers!

Franck

The questions are , Franck . Have we got you thinking , and will it help you to get back to doing some modelling soon ?

Nick

Franck Tavernier

Hi Nick,

You're right! When I get back to the hobby?

At the moment I have other priorities as you know, like finding another house probably, and therefore a room to do modeling!  :P ::)

Franck

PS : But I'm lucky, I have this great forum, and all of you who allow me to keep dreaming! And dreams, it's the future! So I hope to come back soon ...

marc_reusser

Some work on the base today.

The assembled, two partial pieces of sectional track. Sleepers are pressed aluminum, detailing is strip styrene, with Grandt and Tichy nuts/bolts/rivets, track pieces are two previously painted pieces from the scrap box. Track gauge/width/spacing is approx. 600mm in scale.

I received some of the new AK primer and thinner from Iain Hamilton, just before left for Heiden so was happy to be able to try it out. eally like the quality of finish and ease of spraying of this product.

The entire rail assembly was painted a random mix of AK Chipping Color and Dark Rust, then given a random application of rust and some Green pigments. The colors were kept lighter, as they wil darken with the subsequent step. AK Dark Steel pigment was purnished onto the top of the rails.

The top of the rails were masked-off, and given an airbrushed coating of Dullcoat to seal them during the groundwork portion. When dry, some of the details were accentuated using a dark pin-wash.

The track set onto the base. Sleeper underpinnings are stained balsa using the technique described in the Model Fan articles.

Did a quick steel post to add detail to the scene. Painted with Tamiya acrylics, weathered with Abt-502 "Wash Brown" and AK "Dark Rust" oil colors. a slight bit of AK "Dark Steel" was used to accent some of the hard edges, and provide a slight sheen to the oxidized steel color. Thin lead wire was used to add the wire wrap.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Franck Tavernier

Mark fantastic! I love the effects of rust on the track and metal sleepers...

Nice work, as usual!

Franck

shropshire lad

Excellent track , Marc . It is just what I want . I'll take two dozen lengths . Any chance of getting them by the end of the month ?

Nick

Mr Potato Head

Hey Mr. World traveler!
the Dull coat lacquer and the AK enamel play nice nice together? ???
Nice track and I love the aprox 600mm ::)
Why the wooden ties underneath?
As always, your just showing off, and great job too,
darn you >:(
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Bill76

Nice work on this small display. I like this touch of rust. Keep it right.

Georges.