• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Gas Mechanical Bash

Started by marc_reusser, July 26, 2008, 01:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: Franck Tavernier on May 01, 2013, 11:27:17 AM
Thank you for this very kind word, but it is no longer quite true today ... This model was painted in 2001. Today there are other techniques, such as Hairspray, which offer many more possibilities, and more realistic!

Sorry Nick! But at the time I needed money ... ;D ;D ;D

Franck

Franck ,

I would have paid more !

The technique you used on your Gmeinder is still used today and has not been superseded , by hairspray or anything else . Granted , other people have done things that look very good but , to me , you led the way in loco painting .

Nick

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Great photos, especially the second one in the first group........ Track , and maybe I don't finish my stuff too dark ;) and that last pic is challenging vegetation.

Whist you are on the hunt for pics let me know if you find any of that one I sent you re colour question
Gordon

marc_reusser

LOL!  Well now you have all the washes to get that dark finish. :)

Will keep my eyes open...think I found a sim one...but not that exact one.

...and continuing with the red parts....

M-Works

jacq01

Gent's thanks for all the photo's. Terrific info for my 1:35 project.
   Hope to take a loco with me to Railex 2013 in Aylesbury end of May and the KMK show in Belgium in September.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Jacq,

I have hundreds of these on my external drive....let me know if your email is still the same, and I will upload them via WeTransfer, and then you can download them from there to your PC.

Marc

M-Works

Franck Tavernier

Mark, great inspiration these pictures! ;)

Franck

finescalerr

Why aren't there more examples of American trams as inspirational as those? My retirement diorama, with an 8 ton Plymouth, will have to take inspiration from the Continent. -- Russ

jacq01

Marc,

thank you for the offer.
the email is still the same ( jacq.damen@gmail.com
A  great start for the 1:35 project we have discussed (and started)
More after the Railex show in Aylesbury.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on May 02, 2013, 12:20:02 PM
Why aren't there more examples of American trams as inspirational as those? My retirement diorama, with an 8 ton Plymouth, will have to take inspiration from the Continent. -- Russ

As I fully expect you to last as long as your dad and in view of the fact that you will be retiring in the next year or two , I estimate that will allow you approximately 25 years to get it done . Have you allowed yourself enough time and do you think that it might be prudent to start it now seeing as you might be cutting it bit fine ? You wouldn't want to rush it now , would you ?

And we thought Chuck was slow .

Nick

I'm already in the corner so any further sanctions are meaningless !

Franck Tavernier

Quote from: finescalerr on May 02, 2013, 12:20:02 PM

Russ, like this ?

It's this photo, which was somewhat inspired me for this Grandt Line's Plymouth...

Franck

marc_reusser

Ah....the Tavernier Plymouth. Very nice/good match to the original.

Gordon, Nick, et al........if you want many/most/all the feldbahn images I have as well, let me know, and I will include your email on the upload/transfer.....that way you will be notified when they are ready to download.

Will likely do this on Sat or Sun........only doing it once...so no no Johnny-come-lately's.  :)

M-Works

Franck Tavernier

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 02, 2013, 04:44:32 PM
Ah....the Tavernier Plymouth. Very nice/good match to the original.

Gordon, Nick, et al........if you want many/most/all the feldbahn images I have as well, let me know, and I will include your email on the upload/transfer.....that way you will be notified when they are ready to download.

Thanks Mark for the Pymouth, it was just a test for the hairspray technique, nerver really completly finished!I should also add other washs, filters, etc. ...

I'm too interested for the feldbahn photo, if you have the link to upload... ;)

Franck