• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Gas Mechanical Bash

Started by marc_reusser, July 26, 2008, 01:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Morning Marc,

Thanks for the offer, add me to the list .......... you can never have too much info  ;)
Gordon

marc_reusser

Will do.

Franck....can you send me a message with your email...it's not showing in my contacts. Thx.

marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Mine is close to that, Franck. The cab is taller and maybe also the hood. Your model is wonderful. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on May 02, 2013, 11:24:47 PM
Morning Marc,

Thanks for the offer, add me to the list .......... you can never have too much info  ;)

Moi aussi , s'il vous plait . Mercy buckets ! 

Nick

Franck Tavernier

Quote from: finescalerr on May 03, 2013, 01:58:57 AM
Mine is close to that, Franck. The cab is taller and maybe also the hood. Your model is wonderful. -- Russ

Many thanks Russ! Are you talking about Plymouth TL type like this?

Franck

finescalerr

This is the Plymouth I'm working on. So far I have completed only this side view. Someday, when I am as old as Nick, I may try to finish the drawing and turn it into a 1:32 scale model. -- Russ

Malachi Constant

Here's a "1:1 scale diorama" outside some sort of quarry or mining operation in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Malachi Constant

Franck Tavernier

Dallas, this Plymouth is a FL1 type...The same as Grandt Line reproduced.

I would like to build this model in 1:35, the more difficult will be the lettering "Plymouth" on the front of the radiator, and what's more, slightly rounded, the letters actually follow the rounded top of the radiator ... Perhaps with transfers letters from Archer...

Franck

Malachi Constant

Franck --

I may be headed out that way in a few weeks ... if I remember, I'll try to shoot a straight-on photo of the radiator lettering ...

You might be able to do the lettering with photo-etch letters from Royal Model ... all of the letters (except "T") are "normal" ... just different sizes.  The top of the Y, U and H have been trimmed at an angle.  The top of the T has been slanted.

The lettering on the little fan below was done with the photo-etch letters ... the set has different sizes.

Cheers,
Dallas

Marc988

Maybe an idea; if you have the straight-on photo, it could be transfered into a drawing which e.g Vectorcut could laser cut the correct letters ?!

good luck.

Marc988

[hijacking mode on]

If it would help / be of use to anyone;

I have got an unbuild 1:32 Malcolm Moore V8 locomotive by The Model Company including the correct Black Beetle drive unit which I will not be building anymore due to changing subjects.
Also I have got a set of Slaters 1:32 Hudson "rugga" skip wagons (contains 3 kits)

If anyone is interested just drop me a PM and we can discuss details.

[hijacking mode off]

I will go stand in the corner.  ::)

Regards,
Marc

NB if inappropriate please remove the post

Gordon Ferguson

FWIW

I would be tempted to have a go at doing "PLYMOUTH" using Slaters 2 or 3mm plastic letters.
Looking at the pic most of the Curve can be taken care of by shortening the verticals , either top or bottom depending on the letter and tweaking the top of the Y and the T  ..... Leaving the middle two letters M & O full size
Gordon

finescalerr

When (if?) I build a loco I would look into laser engraving the word PLYMOUTH, or producing the radiator shell with 3-D printing. I doubt the price of either would be too high considering the likely quality of the result.

That's a beautiful model, Franck. I want to scratchbuild the model in my plans because I've actually seen one like it, because it's from an earlier era (when jazz was popular), and because I like to create things. But I hope any model I might build would look as good as yours!

Russ