• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Gas Mechanical Bash

Started by marc_reusser, July 26, 2008, 01:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandre

Thanks a lot for including me Marc.
Spent great times browsing the file, and a lot of useful and inspiring pictures for me, a non-RR modeler.
Thanks for sharing, must be hours of work to build such a file.
:)

Franck Tavernier

Thank you so much Marc!

The download is in progress ... ;D ;D ;D

Franck

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 07, 2013, 02:35:02 AM
Ok, Frank, Gordon, et al (and some of you that I included even though you didn't ask..like Dallas, Alexandre, Russ, Gerald...)....I uploaded the file to WeTransfer. You should get an email notification with instructions on how to download it.

The download consists of a zipped RAR file, it contains about 1600 feldbahn and industrial related images. Size of the file is 169MB. (I suggest you do not try downloading it to a "tablet/pad" unless you are sure you have enough free space, you know the tablet can work with ZIP or RAR files, and you have a really good WI-FI connection.)

I will still have the RAR file on my desktop for a couple of days before I delete it, so if some of you other guys want a copy as well.....you will need to message me your emailMarc

Nothing has come through , did I get included on the list of recipients ? Or has Russ warned you not to ?

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Nick, don't get sensitive now, we know what you brickies are like!

Sent the link to you , mind you with the amount of info Marc has included you will not have the time to build anything now .

See if you can spot the engine shed  I am going to do for the 1/35 R/C loco  ;D
Gordon

jacq01

I haven't received anything either.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Nick, whatever email is associated with your account here in the forum , is the one I used for the transfer. The notification to download would have been sent there. Otherwise have a look through your spam filter. Let me know before the end of the week if you have not been able to sort out your issues. ;)

Jacq....I believe I added you.....may have been an oversight though....sorry. No way for me to check. I will make sure to add you in my next/final send when I get back in the office at  the end of the week.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Alexandre, glad they were of some interest.

These are images I have collected/clipped/saved over the years. The ones I sent are the ones that had been sorted to some extent (but for the transfer all got dumped into one file).....I probably still have the same amount of these types (subject wise) of images floating around on my disk, that are unsorted ;D........I think I have several Terrabytes worth of all sorts of refernce  image files......one can never have enough reference material .  :)

M-Works

BKLN

Marc,
I checked my inbox and spam folder, but nothing for me either.

Can you please resend the link?

Edit May9:
Got the files this morning. What a great collection. Thank you for sharing, Marc!

Christian

Chuck Doan

Thanks Marc for adding me. There are a lot of good ideas. The trackwork and turntables, etc. are just as interesting as the equipment.

That 20's sedan "loco" plopped on the beams was especially neat.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

marc_reusser

Ahem...back o the subject of the thread....

Layer #4.....more to go. Cab interior pretty much done, except for grease and oil stains...which thanks to really prompt service from Iain at AK, I will be able to do now.

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Well Marc, your experiments with mud, dirt and dust seem to have been very successful .......... The build up of debris along the back of the cab and under the seat look extremely realistic .

Now just try to ignore the urge to strip the paint off it again  ;D
Gordon

finescalerr

I thought the first attempt was darned good. This one has a very different appearance; I can't compare the two. But the current version seems to require more sophisticated techniques and probably a lot more time. Knowing your taste and uncompromising nature I would guess you are generally happier with the model so far. As excellent as the first shot was, this one is heading toward that elusive goal of "superb". -- Russ

marc_reusser

Thanks Gordon. Appreciated your and Alex's input.

Thanks Russ!....wow..I have never been able to get past Adequate.
So far I am actually prettypleased with this...considering this model was never actually going to be finished (this makes another one Nick....in case you're counting).............there are issues with it though ...and still plenty of time and things that need to be done, that will allow me to screw it up. :)

M-Works

lab-dad

If it were me I would quit now while I was ahead!
But, even if you mess it up you can strip it and do it again! Then you will have three completed projects!
;D

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World