• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Gas Mechanical Bash

Started by marc_reusser, July 26, 2008, 01:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Marvelous! For such a heavily weathered beast, the effects are handled with remarkable subtlety.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Gordon Ferguson

Marc,

Final shots look good. You have really captured the "crumbly" look on the dirt very well ...... Something I must try.

You mentioned the lighting/ contrast and it may well be that which makes me think the dirt around the engine sides seems too "yellow ochre"  , in the earlier shots the dirt under the seat and around the driving position looked greyer which to my eyes looked better

So on the basis it's at least 1% off perfect , you had better junk it ............ You have the address just put it in the post, thanks

:D :D ;)
Gordon

marc_reusser

Thanks guys.

Dan, a shed is a good idea. I have an idea that I think Gordon might appreciate, of building a really simple one....maybe just 4 pipe columns, and a sloped corugated roof....then cover most of the ground with leaves and other detritus. It could fit right on that little base. :)

Thanks Ray...I am still torn on the amount of weathering....but then, that was the task required. :)

Gordon, yes the soilis actually lighter and there is more grey......though the fixing solution did darken and color up the clumps and mud mix, a bit more than I had anticipated/hoped....but it is still not as ochre as the images....and there is more grey at the edges. The whole thing is very strange...I think that with the flourescent lighting I am shooting under, and the greenish tint of the grey, along with the very slight ochre tint of the heavier soild, I am getting some kind of a wierd color clash.  Too late to ship it....after I took the pics, I boxed it up and stuck it away in the closet.....saving it for future experimenting.....and one other brief use......who knows...maybe I'll end up washing it off once more :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 18, 2013, 04:09:21 AM

Dan, a shed is a good idea. I have an idea that I think Gordon might appreciate, of building a really simple one....maybe just 4 pipe columns, and a sloped corugated roof....then cover most of the ground with leaves and other detritus. It could fit right on that little base.

Now you wouldn't , would you ?

just remember my plastic discs should arrive this week  ;)
Gordon

marc_reusser

....just realized I am too busy to build the shed. Need to work on my bricksl ;)

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

You are going soft in your old age Marc!

I would just have reminded me , politely of course , where the picture of the "shed"came from !!!
Gordon

shropshire lad

I have a photo of the ideal " lokschuppen" for your masterful creation , but it can't be built until Diorama Debris release their concrete block mould .

Nick

Franck Tavernier

Joli travail ! J'aime beaucoup l'aspect bien crasseux, les boites d'essieux qui dégoulinent d'huile...

Franck

finescalerr

Watch out, Franck -- no secret code language or you will have to stand in the corner (debout dans le coin). My secret code translation probably lacks finesse but one does what one can.

Which reminds me, should we change the national language of this forum to Latin?

Russ

Alexandre

Damn! If Marc understands French je perds mon temps à lui écrire en Anglais.
:)

marc_reusser

Merci Franck. Très apprécié, de l'homme qui a mis loco la marque de banc et m'a inspiré.

Alexandre .... pas vous ne perdez pas votre temps, parce que vous ne voulez pas voir mes tentatives au français.....from what I was told when I was there, "Tout Francąis cèst criminel!" ;D

M-Works

Franck Tavernier

Sorry, now I forget that I'm on an Anglo-Saxon forum!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

Nice work! I love the well filthy appearance, axleboxes that are dripping wet of oil ...

Franck

mad gerald

Quote from: finescalerr on May 18, 2013, 11:53:52 AM
Which reminds me, should we change the national language of this forum to Latin?
Russ
... me thinks, we've been THAT far some time ago in Jacq's Logging Project Discussion ...  ::) 8) ;D
Quote from: mad gerald on November 22, 2011, 02:05:46 AM
Quote from: finescalerr on November 22, 2011, 01:31:48 AM
We could all speak Latin ....

... [sic!] ... (si libet, licet) ...

finescalerr

We already know Marc is a mulitlingual showoff. Now it appears we have several. At my advanced age all language skills seem to have faded dramatically. Maybe I'll emulate Berlitz and invent my own damned language!! -- Russ