• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Steam engine for a saw mill

Started by Barney, January 05, 2014, 03:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Thanks Mark for the Photos - Run out of space so started again in 1/35th scale
Barney.
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

finescalerr

Now you have to install all those rivets again! -- Russ

Barney

Now stocked up with rivets /nuts and bolts and nearly finished the FREELANCE boiler for the saw mill in 1/35th
Barney
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

lab-dad

Looking good!
Cant wait to see it in paint.
Looks like it has chicken pox now!
Marty

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Are you certain real freelance boilers had that many rivets? -- ssuR

TRAINS1941

I think there is one to many rivets??? :-\

Outside of that looks great.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on February 24, 2014, 11:28:15 AM
I think there is one to many rivets??? :-\

Jerry

Yes , Jerry , but which one ?

finescalerr

Good Lord, he's back. Glad to see you again, Nick. Now go stand in the corner. -- ssuR

Hauk

Quote from: lab-dad on February 23, 2014, 10:51:53 AM
Looking good!
Cant wait to see it in paint.
Looks like it has chicken pox now!
Marty

Ha, ha, my thought exactly! I have an image taken in Illinois in 1968 showing  yours truly fully riveted by chicken pox... But as Russ is still recovering after having his retinas burned by my thumb images, I will keep it to myself. But I digress.

Excellent, inspiring modelling!

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on February 25, 2014, 01:40:09 AM
Good Lord, he's back. Glad to see you again, Nick. Now go stand in the corner. -- ssuR

Well, I was going to tell you all about what I've been up to , but I don't think I'll bother now .

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on February 25, 2014, 12:17:17 PM

Well, I was going to tell you all about what I've been up to , but I don't think I'll bother now .

Most likely it would have been boring anyway!!! :D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on February 25, 2014, 04:08:29 PM
Quote from: shropshire lad on February 25, 2014, 12:17:17 PM

Most likely it would have been boring anyway!!! :D

Jerry

Well, you'll never know now .

Gordon Ferguson

Oh don't sulk Nick , big tough brickies don't do that sort of thing!!

Go on show show us what you have been up to ........ You know you want really ;D
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: Gordon Ferguson on February 26, 2014, 01:09:18 AM
Oh don't sulk Nick , big tough brickies don't do that sort of thing!!

Go on show show us what you have been up to ........ You know you want really ;D

Us tough brickies have our sensitive side as well ,  don'tcha know !   I'll start a new thread later .

Anyway , it looks as if it is only us Phoenix types doing any sort of modelling , so I don't want to let the team down . All the Yanks seem to have gone into hibernation .