• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

War Department Sentinel Steam Wagon

Started by Barney, February 10, 2014, 09:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

I guess a vast amount of timber was needed for tunnel props and timber for trenches so did not need to be of large diameter . But I still reckon it would look better with one big log .

That's what it will have if and when it comes to retire in the country .

Mr Potato Head

You guys used up all your big "Sticks" building the worlds largest wooden navy ::)
We Americans saved out big Sticks, for all the world to see,.................. :o :o
Sequoia sempervirens: 
This species includes the tallest trees living now on Earth, reaching up to 379 feet (115.5 m) in height (without the roots) and up to 26 feet (7.9 m) in diameter at breast height.
here are a few of their names and sizes:
Lost Monarch  321H x 26W
Melkor            349H x 22.4W
Lluvator          300H x 20W
Del Norte Titan 307H x 24W
El Viejo Del Norte 324H x 23 W
Sir Isacc Newton   299H x 22W

So Nick, next time you come to the States, stop by and say Hi to Mr. Potato Head and then go see The Elder "Jerry Kitts" he lives in Humboldt County were the Redwoods thrive.
America We've got  Big trees and were proud of it!
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

That thing looks so good it's almost a shame to paint it (even though paint will make it look even better). The photos are a mute tutorial on how to fabricate a model. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Lovely.

Can't wait to see what color you are going to paint it. :D :P
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Barney

Mark - now you will just have to wait for the answer to that one ! but I can say its finished and is now a roofless version and in-between all that we have moved and living out of our "coded cardboard box system" it sort of worked but can not find the kettle or my clean under pants !
Barney

shropshire lad

Quote from: Barney on July 10, 2014, 01:21:13 PM
Mark - now you will just have to wait for the answer to that one ! but I can say its finished and is now a roofless version and in-between all that we have moved and living out of our "coded cardboard box system" it sort of worked but can not find the kettle or my clean under pants !
Barney

You have more than one pair ?

finescalerr

Oh, my. I think we just heard from Nick. Come to think of it, we also heard from Marc. All of this is just too much; I must increase my medication. -- ssuR

marc_reusser

French Blue! (The model...not your underpants.)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Gordon Enquist

Will this build be included in a diorama ?

shropshire lad

Quote from: Gordon Enquist on July 26, 2014, 06:22:26 PM
Will this build be included in a diorama ?

None of the other 214 models that he has built have been , so I suspect this one won't either . He will just stick it on a black MDF board , scatter some gravel and sawdust dyed bright green and call it done .

Of course, that doesn't stop him winning gold every year at Euro Militaire !

Barney

Just catching up with things - so a few shots of "Isabel" the finished one - went for the open top version -evidently the open versions were easer to maintain and cheaper to build but not good on a rainy day! Gained a Silver medal at Euro this year.
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

More to come only FOTKI is throwing a wobble !!