• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Rockwork

Started by Hauk, June 23, 2014, 10:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

When you compare your model to the actual section of blasted rock you posted (as opposed to the more extreme examples Dallas posted), it seems merely that your perception (from memory) was slightly exaggerated. But it was close enough that you still may be able to salvage the original attempt and make it "perfect".

This has been a fascinating exercise. It shows how our minds sometimes process information. In this case you remembered the general concept more than the subtleties. I've done the same thing many times.

One other lesson it teaches, and one I learned the hard way: If you have a question about whether you should change something ... then you should change it! I can't tell you how many times I've rewritten something (for example) after wondering whether I expressed myself properly.

Russ

lab-dad

How many times did you re-write your last post?
Just curious 'cause you missed a typo!  ;)
-Mj

Mr Potato Head

C'mon Marty!
Don't poke the Bear!
I understood all of his thoughts and what he was conveying  ::)
MPH
never poke the Bear, never poke the Bear,..................
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

finescalerr

Okay, Mr. Smartypants Jones, I fixed it. Now go stand in the corner! -- Russ

mad gerald

Quote from: finescalerr on June 25, 2014, 11:44:42 AM
... One other lesson it teaches, and one I learned the hard way: If you have a question about whether you should change something ... then you should change it!
... au contraire, if you follow another idiom saying: "If in doubt, leave it out!"  ::)

Cheers

finescalerr

Actually, I think each leads to the same result; often "change" means "delete". And both reinforce "less is more". -- Russ

mad gerald

Quote from: finescalerr on June 27, 2014, 11:38:03 AM
Actually, I think each leads to the same result; often "change" means "delete". And both reinforce "less is more". -- Russ

... nah! ... actually methinks the posting I made is a good example itself for my quotation of "if in doubt, leave it out" - it was - at first thought - meant as kinda witty remark, but at second thought it was completely needless and nonproductive - should think twice next time ... :-\

Cheers

Max Corey

I think it will look fine once you ballast and add dirt and shrubbery and grasses, etc.  I am also working on fast and easy ways to do some rock like you are to get the gaps between roadbeds filled all around my little layout.

Max
A screw up on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.