• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

SBS Vacuum-forming

Started by turtle, November 21, 2014, 01:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtle

Just another 'poor-mans' version /technique.
Most of you are probably proficient with this technique however this was aimed more for the beginner on a budget (reads - yes I'm a cheapskate  :D).
Sorry, once again had to split it to get under the attachment size  :-[.
Best of luck for those that what to give it a bash  ;)

Ray Dunakin

Thanks for posting that, very helpful!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Mr Potato Head

can we see some of your finished work? Please
thanks
mph
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

billmart

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on November 22, 2014, 10:05:33 AM
can we see some of your finished work? Please
thanks
mph

I'll second that thought.  I would love to see one of your models that incorporates your vacuum-formed parts.

Bill Martinsen

Mr Potato Head

I used to work for an acrylic tub and spa manufacture, and the sheets were 72" x 72" or bigger and they had ovens like pizza ovens and when they'd take out the sheet it would bow as if a kids soap bubble , the amazing thing was that the sheet was only a little thicker than 1/4' or .25 and it would draw 20" inches or more into the mould. All it took was a second, after they positioned the sheet over the mould, air clamps would secure it and swish! it was done, they'd take it to a cooling room and as soon as it could be transferred to a reverse mould, they'd shoot reinforcing fiberglass on it's backside.
I've always wanted to try it at home, thanks for the SBS
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

turtle

For Gil and Bill,
theres a couple of small pieces over in the 'floaty things' section  ;).
A very simple technique that anyone can get to grips with - if I can do it then anyone can.

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

greenie

This does work, it's the same ' tutorial ' that I made my system from, thanks once again for all the relevant information Roger.

regards  greenie