• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ships Boats

Started by turtle, November 22, 2014, 04:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Uh-oh. Now I'm developing the same paranoia I developed when people sing "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"! -- Russ

[To anyone from a country where that Christmas carol is unknown, I'm sure Nick happily will sing you the words in your native language.]

marc_reusser

Sarcasm...so that's how we're going to play this!?

Not to make either of you fall to far off your high horses, but at least I can say that I am building stuff :D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

I thought your last post (about sixteen or seventeen years ago) said you HAVEN'T been building anything and, instead, have been whipping around on your mountain bike and "working" (whatever that is). You also referred to something called "burnout". (I and a few others here are unfamiliar with that word.) Please explain the apparent reversal of your priorities. -- Russ

marc_reusser

It's called "multi-tasking"..... though after seeing this ship build I may just go back and hide in the closet.

M-Works

finescalerr

No need. Save the closet for your unfinished models. Instead go stand in the corner. -- Russ

turtle

Cheers for the comments Marc.
Can I hear the rattle of sabres ?, or will it be pistols at dawn ?  :D.

While poking around in the ceiling space trying to find some RC electronics I found the partially finished 1/100th scale hull  :o (thought I'd binned it). Originally it was to be 1/100 but I wasn't sure I could get the detail required so managed to convince the owner to go to 1/75th  :), glad I did as I think I'd have struggled to get some areas looking satisfactory in 1/100. Anywho heres a few shots of the raw hull mid-planking. This would have been just a master mold for the F/G hull, enough blah blah:

marc_reusser

Crikey!...even the discards are works of art! :'( :'( :'(

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 04, 2014, 10:46:22 PM
Crikey!...even the discards are works of art! :'( :'( :'(

There speaks the master of discarded work .

marc_reusser

Hence my deep knowledge of the subject. :P

M-Works

Andi Little

I am, as it turns out:  ...   Impressed.

By the way .............. I've got crap in my loft - but it don't look like that!
KBO..................... Andi.

turtle

Quote from: shropshire lad on December 04, 2014, 11:55:31 PMThere speaks the master of discarded work.

Think you might be a little bit shocked at the number of 'lost interest/fails' I get through  :D

Cheers Andy, I'm quite surprised the hull is still in fairly decent condition even after a couple of house moves. Might even have to consider finishing it and flogging off a few F/G hulls  :-\. But not just at the moment, best I put put it 'out of sight - out of mind'. 

turtle

Managed to find a few more WIP shots for "Цесаревич",
Anchor handling davit, couple of steam powered winches, a mast platform, and some props:

more to follow as they resurface _ _ _ _

turtle

But back to ships boats  :D, finally managed to get this little bars ard darling boxed up and shipped off to it's new home, and yes the original had a polished metal funnel  ;):

Please feel free to point out any failings/shoddy workmanship etc. etc. - always good to see thing through anothers 'eyes'.

finescalerr

Roger, the failings are too numerous to list. Please scrap the entire project (by sending it to me) and start again. I will be happy to supervise your work. -- ssuR

Ray Dunakin

Exquisite work! Each one a gem!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World