• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Blade Runner: Workshop & Model pictures

Started by Hauk, March 17, 2015, 04:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

I guess most of us are old enough to remember the SF-movie "Blade Runner".
Even if you did not enjoy the movie as much as I did, you might find the modelwork interesting:
http://imgur.com/a/mv8qf#141
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

SandiaPaul

Thanks for posting, reminds me of my shop in the 1990's...I only did a couple of movie jobs and they were small, but I did do a lot of museum stuff, a space shuttle model and lots of architectural stuff. When one of my workers got a big time movie job(Judge Dredd) there went all my best guys!

Paul
Paul

Stoker

Neato! Thanks for sharing. Especially like the miniature cityscape with fiber optic lighting. I think the only thing from those pics I can't recall seeing in the movie is the Chevy's on the roof.
Regards, James                        Modeling in 1:48 after a lengthy bout of Scalatosis Indecisivis

finescalerr

Very cool. One thing I've noticed over the eons is how often people in Hollywood copy each other, whether in choice of subject, music style, dialog or, in this case, the style and appearance of the models. Notice the heavy "Star Wars" influence? -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Way cool! I've always been fascinated by movie miniatures. Too bad it's a dying art, with all the movies going to digital effects.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World