• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Death Valley dio....

Started by lab-dad, October 08, 2008, 02:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lab-dad

Here is what I have been doing lately.
I have been sick as a dog since returning from Oregon.
Then last Thursday i broke my little piggy toe, and crunched the bigger brothers.
Larger and more images can be found at my photobucket page:

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii121/lab-dad-jones/

-Marty

Like this; Marc?

Thanks Marc, I shoulda known that....

marc_reusser

Marty,

Can't seem to find/see the photos of your broken & crunched toes....only photos of some model.  ??? :-\

Seriously...sorry to hear you are still under the weather...and now physical injury on top of it! I can't believe that cold is hanging on like that  :o.......several people have said they picked up something at Portland.

Glad to see you posting the dio and some of the plymouth images. What do you still have left to do on these? (Better hurry, that FSRR cover is approaching rapidly ;) ;D )

BTW....I never knew death valley to be so green and lush!

Get better and get back to the modeling!

Marc

EDIT: Marty...instead of uploading from your desktop, just "hotlink" the images from the Photo site....that way they show full size, and there is no size limit.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Err....almost you need to take that link/url and while in the post text window format here, click on the second button from the left in the bottom row (the one that looks like a small photo/picture)....and this will give you this [ img ] then a flashing insertion point, folowed by another [ /img ]....and it is in between these (at the flashing insertion point), that you paste your link/url, so that it will look like/appear like this when done (make sure that you have no spaces between the bracket and your url at the beginning or the end).

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

danpickard

Nice Marty (the diorama, not the toe!).  Been looking forward to a few more pics of this.  Something about that size dio that appeals as a cool little desktop piece for further inspiration.  I have plans for a similar size dio on my "to do" list, probable more like an old shopfront though, small enough for the desk or even a wall hanger.  Good stuff.

Dan

Krusty

Excellent. Some very nice finishes there.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

TRAINS1941

-Mj

Well you cetainly out did yourself this time.  Beautiful work.  Nice detail & weathering.
Really looking forward to seeing this with the "Critter" in position.
You might even be able to win a contest with this one :)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Get well soon!

Looking really nice. I escpecially like that red weathered siding. Well done!

Is this going to the structure convention?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Looking good , Marty. In fact it is looking so good I'm not sure I'm going to bother to drag my effort all that way to Mansfield.

Nick

finescalerr

Excellent, Marty. Now get well, take care of your injuries, and keep posting inspirational modeling. -- Russ

Franck Tavernier

Wow Marty, awesome!!!

About your plymouth, is it the model preserved at Furnace creek?

Franck

lab-dad

I don't know about "preserved"
But yes, the prototype is there.
Ted sent some pictures of it and I had to have one.
More info in the modelers annual in December.
Thanks for the compliment!
Regards,
Marty