• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Attn Chuck Doan

Started by SandiaPaul, April 10, 2015, 04:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandiaPaul

Thought you should know whats going on at another forum about your work. I chimed in on one post. Some of it is kinda funny!

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/antique-machinery-history/photo-see-if-you-can-figure-out-secret-301990/

Paul
Paul

Mr Potato Head

Chuck
don't you just hate being a rock star, you can't even enjoy your coffee at Starbucks without someone coming up to you and asking what your secret is.....
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

I note the "broom" was once again the point of contention. :D :P
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Chuck Doan

Thanks for the heads up Paul! I don't think I will ever live that broom down! And those un-scale shadows. Dang.  Thanks for the defense!

Those were some beautiful machines at that Vermont museum. And yes, I do have too much time on my hands. Apparently.

I know Gil, those groupies are a pain. ;D
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

marc_reusser

You're like the Katherine Hepburn of modeling....
"It's the brooms, it's the brooms..."  :P :D

M-Works

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on April 10, 2015, 05:46:16 PM
I note the "broom" was once again the point of contention. :D :P

I wasn't going to say anything , but now you mention it ...

finescalerr

I saw that model in 1987 at the Narrow Gauge Convention in Pasadena, California. As I recall, Chuck enhanced it later. It was easily the best model in the room. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Russ, I thought you were there when he brought it to a TNGS meet once.

M-Works

lab-dad

Guys, you are missing the big picture;

Marc is back!!!!!

I liked the comment about the "out of scale dirt"

Mj

Ray Dunakin

Yes, welcome back Marc! You've been missed.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Chuck will correct me if I'm wrong but the first time I saw the model was in 1987. When he brought it to my house he had enlarged it and added more detail.

By the way, Marc, have you been playing hooky again?

Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on April 12, 2015, 12:01:42 AM
Chuck will correct me if I'm wrong but the first time I saw the model was in 1987.

Russ

And the really depressing thing is that Chuck's modelling skills were better 28 years ago than most of rest of us will attain in our whole life times .

Surely he must be getting close to finishing it by now ?

TRAINS1941

Chuck is working on anew broom design!! :)

Welcome back Marc & Nick!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

How dare they - its perfect - OK the broom could be a new one ! - and every ones just gone out to watch an eclipse of the sun thats when you get funny shadows is it not- I wonder what there modelling standards were like 28 plus years ago
Barney