• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Alco 2-6-2T in 16mm

Started by LesTindall, May 22, 2015, 09:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

"Very big and very nice"
Barney

LesTindall

More progress shots of the 16mm Alco. Chassis and motion now complete (all styrene)and moving onto the boiler. Purchased some acrylic tubing as the basis which will be styrene wrapped. Rainy day here today so should get a fair bit of modelling done.
Les

lab-dad

And that's all hand cut styrene!?!?!?
Impressive!

now where was that rubber band airplane thread.....

mj

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

LesTindall

Not quite all styrene, forgot to say the driving wheels were 3D printed. All that rain we have had over the last two days here on the (sunny!!!) south coast of England has enabled me to press on, lots of styrene on the boiler and firebox now completed.

Russ - don't know you spoke a foreign language!

Les

finescalerr

Not one, four: French, German, Latin, ancient Greek. Important note: I have forgotten all of them. -- Russ

Barney

EXCELLANT !! Our Les and not a LEGO block or rubber band in site !!
Barney

Bill Gill

Excellent, definitely excellent!

LesTindall

A couple more progress shots now the boiler is being worked on. It started with acrylic tube wrapped with styrene.  Smokebox door and firebox door both turned in styrene on a dremel. (Lots of shavings on the carpet, wife not happy!!!).  Grandt line nbw's and rivets for detail. The domes are 21mm waste outlet tube from the local diy store with turned tops and lids added. Have started the weathering on the smokebox and firebox but still needs to be done on the main boiler casing.
Les

Bill Gill

Waste outlet tubes! Flush me out the door. Your work looks like metal, heavy and used, wonderful!

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

michael mott

First time looking in, very nice styrene work, I will follow along now.

Michael

LesTindall

A couple more progress pics. Been working on the backhead using some parts from Trackside Details, the rest are scratch built. The reverser rack was done using "L" section styrene glued together then trimmed and sanded, this gives even spacing.
Les