• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Alco 2-6-2T in 16mm

Started by LesTindall, May 22, 2015, 09:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Barney

Very very nice -looks lived in !
Barney

billmart

Les -

Love the way you built the reverser rack.  I'm going to steal that idea.

Bill Martinsen

Ray Dunakin

Excellent! I really like your idea for creating the teeth on the reverser. Very clever!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Les, I'm lost, can you give a bit more detail about the reverser rack construction?

LesTindall

OK Bill,
I use styrene "L" (or angle) strip ( in this case 1.5mm angle), gluing a very short length to a base of styrene. Another piece is then glued on in front of that and so on.  (It would look like a series of "L"s giving LLLLLLLLL). This gives constant height and spacing.   When the needed length is reached just cut/sand to the right width.   I hope that makes sense!
Les     

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Bill Gill

OK Bill,
I use styrene "L" (or angle) strip ( in this case 1.5mm angle), gluing a very short length to a base of styrene. Another piece is then glued on in front of that and so on.  (It would look like a series of "L"s giving LLLLLLLLL). This gives constant height and spacing.   When the needed length is reached just cut/sand to the right width.   I hope that makes sense!
Les 

Thanks Les, I was making it more complicated than necessary. That helps understanding it a lot, though the technique probably wouldn't work for HO scale.

LesTindall

Finished (after 9 months work). Enjoyed working in this BIG scale.
Les

LesTindall

Couple more pics.  The plates came from a company called Narrow Planet here in the Uk. They offer a wide range of scales and styles.
Les

Ray Dunakin

Wow, that is incredible! It looks like you could fire it up and put it to work!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Les, That's just beautiful all around!

finescalerr

Most satisfactory!

Incidentally, the final photo (3/4 front from above) has too much contrast and that makes the paint look too light and rust too vivid. Such an outstanding model demands an equally outstanding photo.

Russ

JohnTolcher

Cheers
John in Australia

lab-dad

Most excellent!
Ill have to check out that narrow planet.
Marty